Fancourt
Hotels.com
$89
$70
Agoda.com
Pine Lodge George(George)(Great Value!)
$54
StayWell Hotels(Gaborone)
$268
$62
$51
  • Breakfast included
$106
TripAdvisor
All reviewsla cantinalinks coursegolf coursegreat golfplay golfleisure centreroman bathsthree coursesindoor poolbedroom suitenon golfersgolf resortpro shopdriving rangegarden routegolfers paradisetennis courts
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Courses are 5 star but with no restroom facilities and poor signage. Trapped unless you want to pay ridiculous prices to use their taxi's to go into town. First night waited 40 mins to get bread in Restaurant.Service got better after we complained but still not 5 star. The following morning at breakfast there were ants crawling all over the cheese and when i reported this it didnt get an immediate response. Then I went round to the grilled breakfast section to see one of the staff taking out the grilled tomatoes from the pan and putting them on display with his bare hands.When i questioned him he assured me his hands were clean !!!! 5 Star i dont think so.No shop for incidentals and no entertainment at night bearing in mind that you have to pay £25 for a 10 min taxi ride. Most 5 star hotels normally supply a Courtesy Bus. All the staff are very polite and courteous and we were given a bottle of wine because when they came to pick us up at the airport they picked up the wrong people and we had to wait 45 minutes for another taxi and then the diver didn't unload our suitcases so we had to wait while they found him to get them back. 5 Star I don't think so.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa T, Client Relations Officer at Fancourt, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

We are so disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your time with us especially as I met with you throughout your stay to ensure that we had rectified the issues and concerns that you had unfortunately experienced at the beginning of your stay.

I am so glad that you did enjoy the golf courses as we are renowned for our three originally designed Gary Player golf courses. Our restroom facilities are located at all our halfway houses and at our clubhouses. In response to signage on the golf course I have asked our Golf Director to look into the signage on the course.

During your stay our Food and Beverage Manager, Cameron Townend, wrote you a letter to apologise for the service you had received at dinner as he recognised that it was not to our service standards and had given you a gift of wine as a token of goodwill.

Our sincerest apologies that our contracted company, who takes care of transfers and tours, unfortunately took another couple to Fancourt in error. On your arrival at the hotel we had arranged for you not to be charged for the transfer. It was a rare and regrettable situation and I can assure you that we take matters like these very seriously.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had three nights here following a Garden Route tour. We arrived just as the Dimension Data tournament was ending so it was a bit of a shambles checking in etc but they got it right pretty quickly and our room adjacent to the warm up area was great. I understand they had been built for the Presidents Cup players and they were a high standard of finish. We were told of their three restaurants when we arrived but only used La Cantina as their top restaurant never opened during our stay. It wasn't a problem as the food was great. Concierge Jenni was very helpful and arranged a trip for us to a local game reserve which we enjoyed as a break from Golf. Played both original courses and enjoyed them very much. They keep them in very good condition and ensure the greens are firm and fast making it quite challenging. Decided to leave the Links course for the next trip and a reason to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa T, Client Relations Officer at Fancourt, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, as always it is a delight to receive positive feedback.

I am sorry to hear that your welcome wasn’t to our usual inviting standard due to the large group of golfers checking out. We do always endeavour to inform our guests who will be arriving, staying or departing at the same time as big groups as we appreciate that it can add an extra dimension to your stay and it helps for you to know this before you arrive.

We look forward to welcoming you back and having you on The Links course!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at Fancourt in Garden suite with family of four. Prior to arriving at Fancourt we stayed 2 nights at Botlierskop and were really excited to experience the difference of scenery. And what an experience it was! The rooms were nice and comfortable, but we weren't there to stay in the rooms with three golf courses to choose from! The Links was our absolute favorite. The caddies were knowledgeable and certainly needed. They had some great stories too. The restaurants were not the best, but we loved la Cantina! If you like golf and are visiting the Garden Route, Fancourt should be on your list!

Room Tip: We had a Garden Suite, with top and bottom room. Might not work for the very young.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert V

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor.

The Links is truly awe-inspiring and has been placed in 30th position by Golf Digest magazine’s Top 100 courses outside the US. I am sure with your experience on the course you know exactly why it has a well-earned place in many a heart.

From the room you described it sounds like you were in the 300 series rooms, for your next visit we can offer you an inter-leading room in the 500 series that are perfect for young families. These rooms are located near to the driving range.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been to fancourt several times know, and can truly say it is a great resort.
All the facilities are there, great spa, nice restaurants, good rooms, and for a golf everything one can ask for. 3 good courses, with the Links course being absolutely fantastic, and good training facilities.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your lovely review, it is great to hear that you always have a wonderful time at Fancourt.

While I agree we are a golfers’ paradise with three originally designed Gary Player golf courses all ranked in the Top 20 in South Africa and the state-of-the-art golf academy, we do also have a full family offering for golfing and non-golfing visitors.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We recently had unfortunate experience of staying at the fancourt for a week (from the 22december 2012). This followed our stay at the Pezula in Knysna.

It was a far cry from Knysna, and from what I had expected

It began with our service on arrival as being cold and unaccommodating. The hotel was completely disorganized and we were given entirely different accommodation to what we had booked. We had booked a 2 bedroom suite as we were 2 adults and had 2 children aged 5 and 6. When we arrived we were taken to a one bedroom suite which had the lounge bed open and incorrect childrens names on a letter about the kids club. The room also had a baby cot in it, which took the entire day to be fetched away. In addition to this there was an upstairs room, booked to us.

When I informed reception about the incorrect booking, I was advised that we had two rooms and the children would be fine upstairs (even though the room was completely separate). Obviously this was not acceptable but I was told that nothing could be done as there were no 2 bedroom suites at the hotel (despite your website saying that there are). I was told that I had to contact my booking agent!

Eventually, 2 hours later, I had to cancel by booking with the agent and take the one bedroom suite.

The nightmare continued… The rooms were nothing like your pictures on the website. No flowers or fancies… very 3 star…

The service was pathetic. Daily we would get home to no basic amenities. AT 10 and 11pm I would have to call housekeeping to bring soaps and other basics. This would be followed by apologies, but repeated the following night. Only once did they turn down my childrens bed correctly. Most days it would not even get made. They only got the little chocolate goodie at night (that children so relish about five star) when they asked for them!

The rooms were extremely poorly serviced. We would return from a long lay with no kids beds made, bathrobe lying where we had left them, dirty table(completely unwiped since lunch), bins unemptied and no toiletries or beverages. I complained to the housekeeping manager on 2 occasions… Sadly the service did not improve. We did get a complimentary box of tea and baths strudels on these occasions tho…as tho it was supposed to make up for it.

I even contacted the management, or the person that reception put me thro to because management was too busy (perhaps the pro), half way thro our stay and expressed my dissatisfactions. She listened attentively, apologized and the next day we got flowers picked from the outside bush on our pillows, but my childrens beds were still not made that night and nothing else improved!

Breakfast were appalling. Both restaurants had pathetic service! Apart from a few exceptions, staff were rude and unfriendly. We had requested halaal breakfasts but no arrangements were made at all! Even asking staff about food ingredients was bothersome to some of them.

As I said, by far the worst 5 star experience I have had! Perhaps the wrong time of year, but still, extremely disappointing and definitely not what was expected from allegedly one of the featured hotels in our country.

Room Tip: the hotel does not have 2 bedroom suites even tho they advertise them, or so we were told
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Lisa T, Client Relations Officer at Fancourt, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We are so disappointed to hear about your stay at Fancourt.

Your experience is not typical of Fancourt as we pride ourselves on our service excellence. We take matters like these very seriously and our General Manager, Brett Castleman, will contact you directly to discuss your stay at Fancourt with you.