“Great meal!”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 23, 2014

From the moment I walked in on a cold evening, I knew it was going to be special!
A warm welcome and even though I did not book, I was shown to a table.
The waiter suggested the lamb shank and it was divine. The ambiance is great and it is a popular place, so do book in advance.
Try the deserts, they are magnificent.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I'm very sorry but la capannina restaurant is not the same as before ! I'm very disappointed !!!
never back again !

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

La Capannina was always one of our favourite restaurants, but lately it seems as if the dining experience is just not the same anymore. At our last lunch we experienced very slow service, and our food just wasn't the same good, delicious quality that we've become used to. We ended up only having starters, as there wasn't time for anything else. A lacklustre experience

1  Thank JolindyDreyer
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Second time we have been to the restaurant which serves really great authentic Italian food at reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Perhaps the kitchen was overwhelmed by the extended family that descended on its doorstep? Then again the booking for 12 should have given the game away.

The restaurant itself is charming, with a welcoming, warm and cozy atmosphere. The setting was ideal off an amazing night out.

The menu was interesting and I settled for some Pasta with Chili and Garlic. The dish was abundant, loads and loads of ok pasta with oil on it. The chili and garlic flavours were completely missing. Imagine 1/2 a kilo of over cooked pasta.

The waitering staff did their best to serve us, but it was hit and miss with orders forgotten.

Dessert was some non-descript dish that I cannot even recall.

Perhaps I have been spoilt by some amazing Italian home cooking?

3  Thank Alexander W