“A real treat”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“A real treat”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

What a pleasure to see meet this amazingly vivacious woman, who speaks Afrikaans, Sotho and Italian fluently with no accent. The food,wonderfully prepared, was served with flair, its epitome of professionalism and personal service. We had out of this world cocktails, and our "skattie"-host prepared the most delicious cannelloni filled with creamy spinach, and my friend had baked hake that he said was the best fish he had in South Africa.

George, South Africa
“Finally got to give this gem a try...”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Being parents of two toddler boys, my wife and I rarely get the chance to visit the "more refined" restaurants. We recently slipped in a lunch at La Locanda before picking the boys up form school.

We had a great experience. The food was excellent, cappuccino's was great and it really felt like a little bit of an escape from everyday life. We had our lunch in the garden and really enjoyed the setting. Food was fresh, delicious and served in a timely fashion.

La Locanda will definitely see more of us, more often...

Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
“Perfect pizza's”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This restaurant is owner managed + is situated at the back of or rather next to the George Tourism office. If you like freshly made and seriously tasty food this is the place to eat. I don't think I will bother to lunch/dine elsewhere if I am in George again - La Locanda is the best :-).

The fresh ingredients, the excellent service, affordable rates and the welcoming ambiance of this Italian restaurant is worth every penny. Personally I think other restaurants serving pizza should pop over for cooking and presentation lessons.

Uplands Plettenberg Bay
“Simply the Best!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Today is my birthday and Ray and I went to George to get the car serviced and have some lunch with our Scottish friends whilst waiting for the car to be done. They just came up trumps again - wow my food was divine and so was everyone elses' - these guys know how to run a professional restaurant - the starter was so sweet and the pizza La Locanda the best I have EVER had. Well done La Locanda we will keep sending our guests from Bellamanga to you. Lots of love Ray and Fiona Berresfor.,

George, South Africa
“Not totally convinced”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have only been to La Locanda twice a long time ago and I was not overly impressed. TRust me, there was nothing wrond with the food, but I just didn't find it memorable or compelling.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Globi56
Arianna S, Owner at La Locanda, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hello Globi,
I’m really sad that you did not enjoy your experience with La Locanda enough to give us a good rating, as you say you visited us only a couple time and quite a while ago…perhaps you should pop around lately to see if our standards has not improved? From your previous review I see you have a soft spot for stake house restaurant …I can see you rated the Rose top marks 4 time consecutively…
We do not serve burgers or offer such a wide variety of steak and sauces on our menu, we are an Italian restaurant specializing in proper Italian cuisine, don’t take me the wrong way! You can experience beef by us to, but perhaps under a different look, like our OSSOBUCO CON PORCINI E POLENTA(ossobuco with porcini) or our SCALPPINE DI VITELLO(veal scaloppine) and our FILETTO AL TARTUFO E RUCOLA(fillet with truffle oil and rocket)we have your classic beef fillet with pepper sauce or our rump with mustard sauce to on our menu` , we have a variety pasta dishes (mostly homemade) and our pizza speaks for it self.
It would be wonderful if one day you decided to come and try us again!….perhaps your opinion might change ….
Kind regards