“Best prime rib in town”
Review of The Rose on York Restaurant - CLOSED

The Rose on York Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Pub, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A truly local casual dining restaurant. The atmosphere is relaxed and modest with an eclectic Bohemian charm Embracing and exhibiting work from local artists and musicians. Fire place downstairs warms you up on cold wintry days. Home style South African cooking, retro in style. South African cuisine has strong European, Eastern and African influences. Friendly, unobtrusive service. Well represented menu: Starter, Seafoods, Salads, Steak, Chicken, Desserts and fully licensed. All meals are freshly prepared. Wholesome, hearty meals that seduce the taste buds Fresh, elegant and robust .....Scrumptious .... We do accommodate dietary requirements. Vegetarians and Banters welcome. Regarded by many, as a casual coffee shop by day enjoying lighter pub meals and dessert menu. The Courtyard Garden is a pleasant retreat from the hustle and bustle of town The Upstairs Cigar Lounge has a traditional pub and has dining tables out onto the treetop balcony. Cozy conversation corners and popular local watering hole for all age groups. The Rose on York restaurant does cater for functions within the restaurant and in venues of your choice. Menus can be built to suit your requirements.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I love meat from the fore quarter of beef. The Rose's Prime rib on the bone never disappoints - it is a large 500g portion and recently a female friend and I both had the prime rib - we actually finished it! it was perfectly cooked, tender and tasty.

1  Thank FrancoisF5100

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Me and my family used to visit The Rose several times before in the old place, and then the last one was at the new place. Although it may seem smaller from the outside, but it was still cozy and comfortable inside. I love the Chicken Burger, and also for the cheese sauce. It was somehow tasted really great and delicious, the chicken itself were also crispy and nice. And also for the chicken schnitzel, it was really yummy, and we had great time together at the restaurant. The parking was also nice, it has the place directly outside the restaurant. Overall it was a great restaurant and I am glad that I was there. Thank you for the amazing service also.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

For my husband and I this is the best Steak in town, they have many other options but we just love the steak, the chef knows his meat and always recommends the best cut for the evening.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our meal started off well by being served with complimentary soup. My husband had the 500g steak and this was cooked to perfection and I had chicken schnitzel which was very nice. The service was very friendly. We were so impressed that we have booked for our Xmas Day lunch there.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a most enjoyable evening with good food, a nice wine list (albeit a bit pricy), an attentive waiter who knew his fare and a welcome bit of live music upstairs to end off the evening. The atmosphere is great because the place is busy and buzzing with the sound of people enjoying themselves. 3 of our party of 4 had the rump steaks which were quite superb and cooked perfectly according to our requests (a carnivores dream), the other order was for the chicken and mushroom pie, most tasty and quite a large portion. Note the upstairs area where the live music was is also a smoking area so a problem if you are a non-smoker.