“Just lovely”

Ranked #14 of 59 George B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Just lovely”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a really private and friendly place to stay. The manager bent over backwards to assist us and our requests (thank you Tersia). The rooms as decked out with all that you need and the views from the rooms are amazing. What a pleasure it was to walk around the immaculate gardens :) It is a few minutes drive out of George but a great place to relax and unwind along the Garden Route.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely guesthouse located on the cliffs near Victoria Bay. The individual cottages are very comfortable and the view across Wilderness bay are stunning. If you are early birds, the sunrises are worth getting up for. Highlight for us was the great breakfast sitting on the terrace surrounded by beautiful gardens and sunbirds feeding from the proteas. The staff were very nice and Tersia, our host, was extremely helpful.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a really stunning place to stay! We were a family of six (two couples and two children 11 & 8) and we all enjoyed staying in Paradise Cove!

Tersia, our host is very helpful and welcoming. Felt like home from home straight away! This was helped by an e mail we received 2 weeks before our stay asking us regarding breakfast; wow, I have never received care like that before! All staff is friendly and eager to please. By the way, breakfast was excellent. The kids changed mind often but Tersia and the girls always managed to please them.

Now those stunning views! I could see the Wilderness beach from the balcony of my room. Absolutely breathtaking! I felt I didn't want to leave that balcony at all. Wonderful for some impressive pictures as well!

The room itself was spacious, comfortable and nicely decorated. Beds were quite comfortable (although I got up at dawn as I wanted to see those views at sunrise). The guesthouse was surrounded by beautiful gardens and had a relaxing atmosphere.

The location is perfect for those views, but also for accessing George town and the best part of Garden Route. We had a huge minivan for the holiday and driving that in the narrow road (one lane) up to the guesthouse was a bit of challenge but we didn't mind it after arriving.

We stayed only two nights in Paradise Cove but I would go back to South Africa just to stay there again (a bit longer next time!)

Highly recommended, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Paradise Cove S... V, Manager at Paradise Cove Guesthouse, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed it with us. Hope to see you again soon. Tersia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spectacular views. Tranquile spot. Beautiful gardens. Very comfortable rooms. Tasty breakfast. A lot of attention to detail. We only stayed one night on our way up from Cape Town to Plett, but definitely could have stayed a few more nights. My car was even cleaned the next morning, which was a nice touch. Thanks to Tersia and the team.

• Stayed May 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed one night at Paradise Cove, which I have to say was great. You'll find the rooms spacious and the views are to die for. I had room 4 which provided a view of the sea to my right and a valley lined with trees in front of me. I had no time to visit the pool but it looked tempting. After a great night sleep, a hot shower and amazing breakfast, I was ready for my day ahead.

Thanks to all the staff there, I will definitely be back, hopefully next time to share the experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank paulp89
Also consider these accommodations in or near George
Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa
#1 of 2 in Victoria Bay
Edenwood Guest House
Edenwood Guest House
#1 of 59 in George

Been to Paradise Cove Guesthouse? Share your experiences!