“Pet and Guest friendly!”

Outeniqua Travel Lodge
Ranked #26 of 29 Specialty Lodging in George
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Pet and Guest friendly!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

With the owners not having a problem that we booked in at late night, I knew this was a place where we (my cats and me) could rest peacefully for the night. Sue and Dawie were so welcoming and friendly it almost felt like I visited family I haven't seen in a long time! Oh and the beautiful, clean, organised home and garden makes you relax instantly. It is affordable and definately a place I would recomend to anybody.Had a great time and will definately go back any time!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
home
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Dawie and Sue have created a treasure both indoors and out. Quality and comfort par excellence. I had the best coffee in our two week trip. All rooms are ensuite, dressed in the best linens and decorated with their personal art collection. Such a pleasure to lay back on fluffy pillows with wifi service or gaze out the window to the beautiful garden and pool. The family room has a huge bathtub and a shower large enough for 3! Undercover parking provided. It's a Baz Bus stop so staying over is a nice way to spoil oneself before catching the shuttle to Outshoorn the next day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gardengirlafrica
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

If you're in George - stay at Outeniqua! The owners Sue and Dawie were absolutely amazing, driving me anywhere I needed to go and generally taking care of me from the second I arrived until the second I left. The lodge itself is great: clean, comfortable, peaceful, good facilities and pool, and a very homely environment which makes for a great stop off for a few days along the garden route. Thanks for such a lovely stay guys!

Stellenbosch
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Unfortunately, George is not the best place to stay at when you are a backpacker since you have to drive to all great places quite a bit. But Sue and Dawie absolutely mad I up for it!!!! They took me anywhere I wanted to go, been extremely helpful to all the guests, the rooms were great. I just enjoyed my stay there, it felt like home to me and very well taken care of. If you stay in George, go to Quenticqua lodge:))))

• Stayed November 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my short stay here, I got the feeling I was at home. Dawie and Sue are very friendly and helpful, especially with helping to get to see the things around the area. The accommodation is very clean and beautifully decorated. They also have an amazing garden and a sweet dog. If you would like to party, this might not be the place, but for me this was a great get away from the busy streets of Cape town. I got more than worth for my money. Thank you Dawie and Sue!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stopped here through the Baz Bus so we could get to Oudtshoorn the next day as they didn't have availability for us that night. This place was fine, clean and comfortable but it was just OK. It's not really a backpackers so don't expect to party or anything, although that was fine for us. The room we stayed in was comfortable but I did find everywhere around the house rather cold. We did have heated blankets which was nice but even the sitting room was rather chilly. It's ok for a night but I wouldn't stop any longer than that.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBear87
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had a wonderful stay and would want to stay longer... The hospitality ws genuine... always happy and they were always helpful... they are located in a nice area were the shops are close by... you feel safe and comfortable aswell. Definitely a place to stop over by and spend a night or too

• Stayed September 2013