Oubaai is an excellent resort. Truly one of the best I have been to and good value for money. The rooms are large and luxurious with beautiful beds and bathrooms. I only wish they had wifi in the rooms as 3G signal in the area was not great. Service was fantastic, there were always guys to take you around the place on golf carts and they were always helpful. I highly recommend going to the whale watching deck, it is a stunning view.
Another nice to have would have been a heated pool. The garden route weather is always a little unpredictable so the outdoor pools tend to stay cold most of the year. I recommend having a round at Oubaai golf course, it is a lovely course that is in impeccable condition. The Garden Route has some of the best courses in the world without doubt. If you are in the area you must play Pinnacle Point - 18 holes of unbridled sea views.
The restaurants are reasonably priced which is very encouraging, as most hotels like to rip you off at their eateries. The breakfasts were fantastic. An amazing spread with wonderful flavours. The grill and sushi at the higher end restaurant are also wonderful.
The only strange thing was that they charge for one to use the kids play room at R35 an hour. It is not much and they have child minders there but one would expect that to be an included cost. There is plenty to do with and without the kids.
I would love to go back to Oubaai often, it is just a pity it is a challenge to get to from Durban.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa is set in the picturesque hamlet of Herolds Bay, within 15 minutes from George Airport, Western Cape, South Africa. This 316-acre upscale Residential & Golf Development set apart in our specatacular Garden Route stretches out along the Western Cape from Mossel Bay to Port Elizabeth. Home to our Signature Ernie Els Golf Course as well as the Freesia Spa. The Oubaai Hotel has 100 Luxury Guest Rooms showcased alongside some of the most spectacular Herolds Bay Heritage Real Estate. This includes 322 upmarket Oubaai Residential Properties and 128 Oubaai Village Apartments. Golf Membership is optional. The Golf Club comprises of our 18 Hole Championship Ernie Else Signature Golf Course, the Golf Academy, a Driving Range plus 1 Chipping and 2 Putting Greens. Added Value includes Daily Breakfast in our Main Restaurant " Cucina," plus FREE Wifi access and FREE Parking. On our Property you can enjoy our Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, Squash Court and fully equipped Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Hotel George