This was our second stay at Oubaai having previously visited in December 2011. We returned because of our very good experience with the resort and hotel restaurant. This time we were very disappointed. On the last occasion the then manager went out of his way to give personal attention to the patrons and to recommend delicious meal choices. This time the ambiance was not what it should have been with children running riot and physically knocking into our table almost spilling our wine. The main restaurant lights were flickering on and off presumable being interfered with by children.Since management was nowhere to be found we had to take it upon ourselves to move tables.There was a choice of a "braai buffet" or a la carte which we decided upon. My husband ordered the lamb shank as his main course. It arrived ice cold together with ice cold mash potato. When the manager finally arrived, long after the end of the meal, my husband expressed his dissatisfaction to no avail. Breakfast offered more disappointment. We specifically ordered well cooked omelettes - both were so runny we couldn't eat them. We were also amazed to return from the buffet to discover that our table had been cleared and reset for other patrons. We are clearly not the first people to have experienced service issues specifically in the hotel restaurant. In the light of all the other good things the hotel has to offer it would be a pity if senior management does not address these service failings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa is set in the picturesque hamlet of Herolds Bay, within 15 minutes from George Airport, Western Cape, South Africa. This 316-acre upscale Residential & Golf Development set apart in our specatacular Garden Route stretches out along the Western Cape from Mossel Bay to Port Elizabeth. Home to our Signature Ernie Els Golf Course as well as the Freesia Spa. The Oubaai Hotel has 100 Luxury Guest Rooms showcased alongside some of the most spectacular Herolds Bay Heritage Real Estate. This includes 322 upmarket Oubaai Residential Properties and 128 Oubaai Village Apartments. Golf Membership is optional. The Golf Club comprises of our 18 Hole Championship Ernie Else Signature Golf Course, the Golf Academy, a Driving Range plus 1 Chipping and 2 Putting Greens. Added Value includes Daily Breakfast in our Main Restaurant " Cucina," plus FREE Wifi access and FREE Parking. On our Property you can enjoy our Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, Squash Court and fully equipped Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Hotel George
- Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Resort And Spa