We stayed at Oubaai after spending the previous week touring Capetown, Cape Point, Stellenbosch, and going on safari. Our accommodations up to this point were quite nice but we were in South Africa so we didn't know what to expect. During the planning process, we were trying to decide if we should stay here or at Fancourt. We have stayed at another Hyatt Regency that is pretty bad so we were hesistant about choosing Oubaai. Ultimately we decided to stay at the Oubaai and we are glad that we did. This hotel is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The property was beautiful and the staff was very professional. We were upgraded to a club level suite that was gorgeous. There was a separate sitting area, business area with desk, and shower/bath area. The shower/bath area was like something out of Architectural Digest. There was a stand alone tub, rain shower and regular shower enclosed in a room where the walls are glass and they slide. They provide a yoga mat and yoga DVDs. My husband golfed at the Oubaai Golf Club. The views from the course are stunning. The first night we dined at the Waterside Grill. The restaurant is beautiful but the food was merely okay and expensive. Overall, we love Oubaai so much we are going to stay there again in November.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa is set in the picturesque hamlet of Herolds Bay, within 15 minutes from George Airport, Western Cape, South Africa. This 316-acre upscale Residential & Golf Development set apart in our specatacular Garden Route stretches out along the Western Cape from Mossel Bay to Port Elizabeth. Home to our Signature Ernie Els Golf Course as well as the Freesia Spa. The Oubaai Hotel has 100 Luxury Guest Rooms showcased alongside some of the most spectacular Herolds Bay Heritage Real Estate. This includes 322 upmarket Oubaai Residential Properties and 128 Oubaai Village Apartments. Golf Membership is optional. The Golf Club comprises of our 18 Hole Championship Ernie Else Signature Golf Course, the Golf Academy, a Driving Range plus 1 Chipping and 2 Putting Greens. Added Value includes Daily Breakfast in our Main Restaurant " Cucina," plus FREE Wifi access and FREE Parking. On our Property you can enjoy our Swimming Pool, Tennis Court, Squash Court and fully equipped Gym. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Oubaai Hotel Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Resort And Spa
- Hyatt Regency Oubaai Golf Hotel George