“Pleasant business overnight stay”

George Lodge International
Ranked #4 of 31 Specialty Lodging in George
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff were super friendly and helpful; I used the new shuttle service which was very convenient for me and the room was comfortable. My only mild discomfort was the noise from the road; I would prefer a room further away from the traffic next time, I did have a disturbed night. Some long life milk (30ml parmalat boxes) tea drinkers would be nice. Breakfast was good; I opted for the buffet with fruit but the cooked breakfasts looked inviting as well. All in all, I would stay at the lodge on a business trip again for sure!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reinette M, Owner at George Lodge International, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We are glad that you enjoyed all we had to offer and is sorry about the noise from the road. When you make a future booking, please ensure to mention this to the receptionist and we will gladly assist you with a room furthest from the street. We will also look into the matter of the 30ml boxes milk alternatively you are welcome to ask our receptionist for some fresh milk for the duration of your stay. Hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Security fecing, shap-shap, gave me a bady sleep. Indication boards are invisible, can find yourself fumbling passing the place. Rooms are speciase, good relief. Br/fast was lekker, reception lv u guyz

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to writing us a review, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay and breakfast with us. Looking forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was my second visit to George Lodge and like the first visit, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. I would however ask for more lighting in the rooms, because on both of those trips I had to work at night and I experienced some difficulties with the lighting.

Dear Guest

Thank you for being one of our returning guests and taking the time to write us a review. In future when you make a booking, please just mention to the ladies that u will be working in your room and we will make the necessary adjustments so that you can work in comfort, I am not sure if you are aware of it, but you are more than welcome to work in our boardroom, situated in our conference centre instead of working in your room. Totally your choice. Look forward to having you at our establishment in the near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Good. The room was neat and clean.
Bad. The hairdrier did not work
The one reading light was out of order.
The bath had chisel marks around the outlet. There was a hole at the outlet that was badly filled in.
The centre light did not give enough light at the coffee table.
There was only two packets of coffee/tea, there should be one for the
evening and one for the early morning.

Dear Guest

Thank you for informing me about the mistakes you experienced in your room, I can only give my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused and would like to inform you what we have done to rectify same. The bath has been re-enameled by a company called Mend a Bath and looks brand new, the hairdryer was replace and our staff has been addressed about the mistakes that has not been brought under management's attention. We have also put in stronger bulbs to ensure better lighting. Once again my sincere apologies and we trust your next stay with us will be superb.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I arrived in the evening with some colleagues. We were given our keys and shown half way to our rooms. It was Very windy and in my room the windows where open in the bathroom. The room was really cold. I couldn't find any means of heating. In the morning I found a tiny heater tucked in a corner behind a counter.

We went straight out to eat. There are plenty of restaurants within 3 minutes walk.

The hotel is very ordinary. No facilities apart from wifi. Ok for saving money on a business trip but not really a place to stay on holiday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reinette M, Owner at George Lodge International, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I thank you for your review, but must just state that it is winter now in the Garden Route, and an extremely cold one as well, ranging to under 10 degrees at night. I am sorry that u could not find your heater in the evening, and it is not hidden away it is just placed where it is not in your way in ordinary conditions. Furthermore there is a duvet,a blanket,a throw on the bed as well as spares blankets in the cupboards to help with the extra cold conditions.

As far as the holiday is concerned i guess it depends on what you have in mind, our December guests, which is our main holiday time has a blast when they visiting us. They leisure around the pool, swim, braai and in the evening sit around our bon fire and can either make use of our shuttle service for daytrips or can tour the Garden Route by themselves. For our holiday makers we give custom made brochures (these are available in our breakfast area or in reception) of each area in the Garden Route with all the information about the activities as well as a CD with all the information of Things to do, Restaurants in our area, Beaches and game reserves, golf clubs in our area and upcoming events, these are also available on our website for people to go thru before they making a booking so that they can see what is available while they are on holiday in the Garden Route. There might not be a whole lot of activities at the Lodge itself but I can assure you that our staff will make your stay in the Garden Route pleasant and will keep u busy with a whole lot of activities to do during the day, whilst touring our lovely area. Thank you, hopefully next time you can visit us in the lovely summer time and see how the other holidaymakers enjoy their stay by us and in the Garden Route

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am a frequent traveller for business and its always hard to try find suitable accomodation. I am pleased to say that i will definatly be staying at George Lodge again purely because the welcoming on arrival was excellent, the rooms were comfortable and the breakfast was great. Furthermore it felt like a home away from home. i was also really impressed at how professional their hostess Sharni was, very helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for her. Thanks for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The ladies were brilliant! Always happy, willing and available to assist; no matter the time nor task. From booking in our delegates, to a well-placed conference room to extra fans in the sleeping area, they were impeccable… Thank you very much. I will definitely recommend this place to everyone coming this side.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business