“Perfect!”

Cuisines: French, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am Glad that I have finally found an amazing and affordable place for any occassion. I got lost in the buzzing and yet relaxing atmosphere and lost track of time, but that was totally fine by me as I was having a great time. The food is excellent and very affordable for the quality that you get. I ordered the Seafood Linguini and my friend ordered the steak with the pepper sauce and mash. Both Dishes looked so good and tasted amazing, that we ended up eating from each others plate. Our Waitress Emma, not only was she friendly, but she knew her product and was able to answer any of our questions. Will definately be back again and again and again :) !

1  Thank grady28

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Pastis has the most amazing desserts, and yet always finds a way to screw up your main course, whether its a distinct lack of prawns in your paella, no mussels in your bouille baisse (sp?) or ingredients out of a jar forming the basis of your meal, and it's terribly frustrating. Service always slow and manager/owner so arrogant and non-apologetic. Sad!

1  Thank RScheepers
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Whether it's the middle of winter or a glorious summer late afternoon Pastis delivers ambiance and quality food. In the center of rural Constantia it provides a great alternative to eating at one of the wine farms in the area.

For a quiet sport viewing the bar is also a pleasant place to pass a few hours and they have a great array of local beers from which to choose.

I have always loved French style cooking and Pastis provide a few solid choices. the French Onion Soup matches any I've had in France and the bouillabaisse was wonderful as well. Pop in for a drink, a business lunch or a family dinner. It's a great place to socialize.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I'm so glad that we gave our local restaurant, Pastis, another chance after the ghastly meal we had last October & that I can now say that it is better than ever under the new management! Great food at reasonable prices; laid back atmosphere with plenty of locals enjoying the blazing brazier outside. We'll certainly be going back there again!

2  Thank bella c
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We arrived late at our accommodation and took a drive out to find some where to eat, we stumbled across Pastis, it was busy with locals which is always a good sign. We had a lovely meal, sat outside in the lovely warm weather. We were so pleased with the food we returned again twice, the wine selection is also very good.

1  Thank Teresa W