“A little heaven”

Cuisines: French, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This was truly lovely. As a foodie and a girl with a French background I adored this quaint little restaurant. It's dog friendly which was fantastic for my beagle. My boyfriend and I tried the tomato tarte which was decadent and the duck liver parfait which was equally delicious. Very satisfying !

3  Thank Jamilah7

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Food was excellent with a mixture of traditional and modern dishes. We sat outside which was good bearing in mind the high temperatures. Very reasonably priced.

2  Thank Jpkh3
Reviewed February 5, 2013

As we moved from Franschhoek to Constantia we were eager to go to Pastis again as we were very pleased with our visits there last year. However, the place is not the same and makes a ran down impression. We ordered a Nicoise which had no tuna, lots of salad and a lousy vinaigrette. No bread was offered, napkins had to be asked for. Altogether really disappointing. Won 't go again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Enjoyed the food and the service was truly excellent. It was a bit of a chilly evening and the waiters brought us blankets (clean). I love Paella and really enjoyed the Paella I had at this restaurant. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Experience of Patis very disappointing. Burger patti tasteless, fries rubbery and my bread bun (toasted) was stale. Presentation not appetizing. Will not be visiting Pastis again.