“Best wine, best view!”

Sunday Funday: Constantia Wine Tour
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Constantia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Beau Constantia is a boutique wine farm situated very high up on the Constantia Mountains where meticulous attention to detail in the vineyard leads to distinctive handcrafted wines.
Reviewed January 25, 2016

This was one of my favourite spots in Constantia. It seemed to have the best wine and best view. The only reason it is four stars is because the service was mediocre.

beauconstantia, Manager at Beau Constantia, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am delighted you enjoyed our farm, wine and view so much! I'm sorry you found the service mediocre, the service should be at the same level as our views. Perhaps you could drop me an email on winesales@beauconstantia.com so I can look into this a bit further and continue training with the waiter who served you. I do hope you will visit us again soon so we can show you some superb service. I look forward to hearing from you.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"amazing wine"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed January 24, 2016

Visited here via the purple route on the Cape Town city sightseeing bus. Fab place, great design and amazing views - even from the loo!!! Had a very informative and enjoyable wi e tasting with Jade. Great value and wish we'd had time to stay for food. Will do this next time!

Reviewed January 24, 2016

Beau Constantia Wine Farm has extended its menu. Open until 8pm this is the perfect setting for sundowners and supper. Stunning views of the valley and beyond to False Bay. Wine Tasting was enjoyed before we ordered food and more of their own Estate Wines and Champagnes.
Great Food, Wine, Service.
Booking is recommended especially if you wish to be seated at the front of Terrace.

Reviewed January 23, 2016 via mobile

We had the worst experience.

We got billed for items we never had totalling R400. When we discussed this with the manager on duty he said we are lying and the waiter will never cheat people.

What a terrible place.....

1  Thank Tiaan T
beauconstantia, Manager at Beau Constantia, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2016

Hi Tiaan. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on both Tripadvisor and Facebook. I will respond to this review with the same response i wrote to the complaint on our Facebook page - to which I did not receive a reply (and when I went to check if I had missed a reply, the post had been removed).
'I am sorry you feel so negatively about your experience at Beau Constantia. My staff called me immediately to inform me of what happened. My 2 runners and the waiter serving you are 100% certain you received all the dishes you had ordered, the salmon tacos that you were sure you did not receive, were voided off the bill. In total 7 dishes were ordered, please can you let me know which 4 dishes didn't arrive at the table? 4 out of 7 dishes is a lot of food that didn't arrive which I would definitely need to look into further. Please would you be so kind as to drop me an email or give me a call so I can investigate further? winesales@beauconstantia.com / 0824590966'
To add to this, please can you provide me with clarity on exactly how many dishes didn't arrive. When you discussed with the manager on duty that evening, there were 2 dishes in question (1 of which was voided - the other of which, when the manager described the plating of the dish you immediately said you wanted to pay the whole bill), then on your Facebook post you said 4 dishes did not arrive, and now on Tripadvisor you have said the total of the food that did not arrive came to R400. Our sushi menu has only one item above R100, and the same with our tapas menu on which most items are priced around R60.
I really would so appreciate if you could drop me a quick email with your account of what happened, as, if you brought to the attention of the waiter that you hadn't received more than half of your order, he most certainly should have sorted it out immediately.
When you asked the manager on duty if he was calling you a liar, he replied that he was just trying his best to work out what had happened, I am sorry if this came across in the wrong manner, I assure you he was not accusing you of lying.
I look forward to discussing this matter with you in person in order to sort this out.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 21, 2016 via mobile

The drawcard is the view. One would expect the glass box, which houses the dining area, to be crystal clear.

The windows were dirty. The food was average. The service was impeccable, Jade. Thanks

Hi Adam, thank you for your review on Beau Constantia. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you received such fantastic service from Jade! My apologies regarding the dirty windows, we have been hit with an incredible black south easter which has been continuous for the past two weeks. We have kept them as clean as possible, however I do admit the salt in the air, combined with dust and sand flying at 80kms per hour, has gotten the better of us. We will schedule extra window cleaning from here on.
We look forward to you coming back and visiting us again soon.