“A perfect stay, with a perfectly friendly staff”

Constantia White Lodge
Ranked #7 of 40 Constantia B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been a regular guest for quite some years now, and I must say that the Constantia White Lodge is a perfect guesthouse for travellers who are visiting either for business of pleasure. Again many many thanks to the helpfull staff. I've been in hurry, I've been arriving in the middle of the night, I've been hungry. Anything that you want, or need and kendall and Midge will do their utmost best to help you in any way possible. The rooms are nice and are cleaned everyday. I love my breakfast in the morning outside and that has never been a problem. A friendly and good place to stay! I will be comin back offcourse!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tarek B

Reviewed April 13, 2014

By the time we reached White Loge we had been traveling for quite a while and needed some calm and quiet. And we got that. The room was spacious, with all the facilities we wanted including a large walk in cupboard room. All the staff were so wonderfully friendly and helpful, from Kendall and Midge through to the delightful TIna, Lungiza and Ozzie. We even had some songs sung to brighten the breakfast. The cat (which we called Smudge, don't think she has a name?) added to making it feel so much like home. Will certainly stay there on future trips

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor facing forward which was good; upstairs facing forward looked as good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gersh_lipsh
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We use CWH for work travel and I stayed there with my family on vacation as well. Central location, great hospitality. The family unit was taken, which did not perturb management. They moved beds around and sorted us out. Kids enjoyed the breakfast especially. Best for couples or business travel though.

Room Tip: The inter leading two bedroom family unit would be my first choice if you are traveling with childre...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Gordon W
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have had the opportunity to be a guest at your facility for 5 nights during my business and not enough tourism time in your wonderful location in South Africa. The selection of your establishment was made by a colleague, Dr. Kit Vaughan, who is a resident of Capetown. Midge and Kendall certainly stood out as hosts and made my stay more efficient and pleasurable and at times, both were extra helpful and accommodating in a manner that provided logistics which made my time to be more efficient.

Your kitchen service and breakfast dining staff also made the start of each day a pleasure with efficiency and great smiles. The breakfast menu and skill of preparation and settings are laudatory.

Kendall greeted and assisted my colleague and me upon our late arrival with a smile, assistance with our luggage and helpful room information. Throughout our stay she was very helpful with some necessary printing of documents, boarding passes, travel information and even made sure that my early departure on Sunday morning had a delightful breakfast just before the dining room opened.

And Laundry and pressing service by Ozzie on sight was extremely well done.

Your team certainly sets a wonderful standard of excellence for what in America is called a Bed and Breakfast and your innkeeper performance proudly represents your establishment.

I will certainly be pleased to serve as a reference and recommendation resource for you.

Barry R..

Room Tip: My view of Table mountain from my second floor room (number 6) terrace was wonderful both in the mor...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank barry R R R
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked from Canada on line and were very pleased with all aspects of the visit. The lodge is picturesque, the rooms neat and clean. The breakfasts were generous and well served. The location is close to many lovely vineyards, many with their own fine restaurants. Getting to downtown Cape Town was a snap. The staff, Midge and Kendall were very helpful in suggesting restaurants and printing maps to various sites.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michael A
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The staff and management at White Lodge could not have done more for us when our family all gathered to celebrate a special occasion. The accommodation and breakfasts were excellent, but the way in which you are welcomed into this place is like being invited into their home. If you need any trip fixed up at very short notice Graham, Midge and Kendall are real experts and there for you. Class act. Thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank richard l
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I went down to Cape Town on business and stayed over at White Lodge in Constantia. Our room was very spacious, the breakfast was first class and the friendliness of the staff was wonderful. We are going down on business in July and White Lodge is where we will be staying once again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business