“the start of 2012 at White Lodge”

Constantia White Lodge
Ranked #9 of 38 Constantia B&B and Inns
Düsseldorf
“the start of 2012 at White Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Starting with our first mail contact we felt very welcome and received our first - very excellent - restaurant, golf and travel recommendations.
Upon arrival we were warmly received and taken care of (with special advise and treatment for our sick friend).
We do come again, White Lodge is an excellent starting point to discover the cape and wineland area; no need to book a hotel in cape town.

Room Tip: find out by email
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Friedhelm R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

This was the most lovely place to start a visit to SA... a return to once familar surroundings for one of us, a whole new experience for the other. The beauty of the situation (that mountain!), the comfort of the rooms, the pool and garden, and, most of all, the kind and thoughtful hosts and their wonderful staff - everything combined to make for a very happy stay and we were genuinely sad to leave. Couldn't recommend this place too highly.

Room Tip: First floor end room with view direct on to the mountain - perfect.
1 Thank richard b
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

I arrived alone in Cape Town in late July 2011 to start a new job, and was very anxious about anything and everything. I was very warmly received by my host, Jack Taylor, at the airport who, on the way to the lodge, made me feel less anxious by giving me a brief background of his life in SA and the many beauties Cape Town has to offer. At the lodge, Rachel Taylor welcomed me personally, while her staff had already prepared my cosy room.

I soon became accustomed to the personal attention of my hosts and their staff, who went out of their way to ensure I had a scrumptious breakfast daily and a comfortable room to sleep in every night.This was most welcome, since I had to stay at the lodge for at least two months before I found my own accommodation, and it helped to greatly reduce my stress levels as I settled into this new city, my new job and a new life.

I would definitely recommend the White Lodge to anyone wishing to stay in Cape Town, on a a short or long term basis, for business or fun, with family or alone. Truly a great experience!

Room Tip: I preferred a room upstairs as it was quieter. For long periods of stay, I suggest choosing a room w...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Marlene M
Knysna, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

Situated in the heart of the Constantia Valley and close to all of the tourist hot spots in Cape Town, this guest lodge is ideal for both business and leisure traveller.
The rooms are spacious and well appointed and the surroundings idyllic.
The charming hosts, Jack and Rachel Taylor, will ensure that your every need is attended to.
Highly recommended

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank JohanMoolman
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We arrived in February and were greeted by Jack, Rachel and the staff and immediately felt at home and relaxed. All of the staff including Jack and Rachel are always prepared to do anything to ensure that your break with them is the best ( and they achieve this)
The room we were in was lovely and the views were superb, the position is great to be able to get to anywhere with ease.
We will definitely book again and again.

1 Thank lynne c
Rome
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Rachel and Jack Taylor who run the White Lodge Guest House, are more than proprietors of a business. I travel all over the world and have stayed in hundreds of hotels and guest houses, and I have never felt more welcomed adn cared for as I did here. I arrived late and was met at the airport by a driver arranged from the Guest House who also had keys to get me on to the property and into my room. My first impression was of a relaxing, well organized, calm place to stay adn my room was perfect. Nicely decorated, comfortable bed, lovely linens, excellent bathroom with all necessarry toiletries and a wonderful hot, powerful shower. A good desk to work at and free wi-fi. Kettle and tea/coffee making equipment. TV, of course, though I don't watch.

Breakfast was a feast which I couldn't possibly have sampled comprehensively - there is simply too much, but I loved the fruit salad and yoghurt, and wholemeal toast.

Nothing I asked of Rachel and Jack was too much trouble. Arranging a car, information and advice about where to go, a request for packing materials. They completely trust their guests and staff who are all lovely and just as helpful. The overall atmosphere is one of a happy, calm home from home.

COnstantia is about 20 minutes from Cape Town (depending on time of day - perhaps 45 minutes at rush hour), but it's a peaceful place to go to after a day in the city. There is good shopping nearby, adn wonderful countryside adn all the amenities one could wish for within easy reach.

I woulod definitely come here again, and would advise you to go there too.

Room Tip: I was told at the end of my stay that my room was considered not one of the best. I was perfectly ha...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MMTMRome
Paddock wood, england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

We arrived at White Lodge and were welcomed as old friends. The rooms are spacious, light and extremely confortable. The breakfasts are wonderful but best of all, the staff are so friendly and nothing is too much for them, to enable that you are enjoying your stay.
Rachel and Caleb are always available to advise and book anything that you wish and the rest of the staff just want to help you at all times.
We have already booked for next year so I think that sums up how comfortable and happy we were whilst we were there.
It was just home from home

1 Thank nobels