“Great breakfast on a Saturday morning”

La Belle Bistro & Bakery
Ranked #17 of 44 Restaurants in Constantia
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

1st Sept 2012, Spring day.in the Southern Hemisphere. We went for breakfast at the outdoor restaurant. Great ambiance, excellent food and as always in Constantia a view of the back table of Table mountain to die for. The oaks are just starting to bud and the garden is waking up.

Beautiful 300 year old farmstead now a hotel, The winter special of R600 pp for 2 nights is good value. But living just a few kilometres away, for us its a great place to eat out.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We visited La Belle last Saturday and sat early evening inside next to the fire - very cozy with outstanding service. I had a delicious vegetarian burger and my friends had fillet which was described as perfectly cooked and high quality meat.The shoe string fries are a must !! Try and leave space for the sweet treats especially the lemon meringue.
I have also been to La Belle for lunch and breakfast - make sure you get there before 12 to order one of the breakfasts. The outside seating is so relaxing under the big trees.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Whilst this buzzes during the day a few winter evening visits have been to a reasonably empty restaurant .. which is a great pity .. the food is stylish and right on trend,, yet wholesome and delicious.. The service is discreet yet friendy, the ambiance has a modern cape feeling.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Called in a couple of times for a light lunch on my recent visit to Cape Town. On a very wet day, I sat inside. On my next visit, I enjoyed the winter sunshine and sat outside. The location is excellent, situated next to the refurbished Alphen Hotel. The service was friendly and efficient and the staff were happy to make recommendations. On both occasions, it was busy and perhaps it might be worthwhile calling ahead to reserve a table during the summer months.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The venue is lovely and the service good (after we had gone inside to ask for service) but La Belle is overpriced. Fine for travellers given the exchange rate perhaps, but expensive by South African standards. My fish cakes were delicious, but given that they came fairly unaccompanied - though the few tiny mushrooms on the plate were sublime - I'm glad I wasn't terribly hungry. It just makes me think overseas visitors are being ripped off just a little.