“Fine Dining in Constantia”
Review of 5 Rooms Restaurant

5 Rooms Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 43 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Don't Expect Traditional Fine Dining Couple the 5 separate rooms decadently designed for privacy and exclusivity, with a cosmopolitan menu with a twist. Laced in tradition and comfort, this culinary experience is one of a kind for couples and parties alike.
Constantia, South Africa
“Fine Dining in Constantia”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We love this restaurant. The ambiance is awesome and the food is always spectacular. As the name suggests, there are five differently themed rooms in which to dine, but each one has a special something about it, so we do not have a favorite. Be sure to visit the Rose Bar behind the restaurant for cocktails before dinner - it is beautiful in the summer with a view of the gardens and the swimming pool.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank DianneG007

“Never to be repeated.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Service Terrible and slow. Expensive compared to other establishments in the valley. We waited 40 minutes for our main! My steak was rare , I ordered medium - the waiter took it back to the kitchen - 10 minutes later to my horror he returned with exact same steak! Horrendous! Never to be repeated.
The Rose Garden and La Belle are fantastic.

Visited November 2012
GMAlphen, Public Relations Manager at 5 Rooms Restaurant, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Good Day,

On behalf of the team and the owner of 5 Rooms, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the disappointing dinner had at 5 Rooms.

We would very much like to discuss the matter further if at all possible and perhaps have an opportunity to make it up to you.

Please contact me on monique@kovecollection.co.za.

I look forward to hearing from you.
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

As a local I have been hoping for some years now that someone will produce a quality and value dining offering in the area. The 5 Rooms restaurant had every potential: an excellent location, historic building and some hype. Well, I was sooooo disappointed, the onion tart was all puff pastry and probably bought in, the tempura batter on the calamari took me back to the cheap fish and chip shops in London, the oxtail was sinully undercooked and lacking in the deep flavours which one would expect from the dish and the steak was indifferent. The wine list was good but well overpriced clearly catering fot the foreign market. On a positive the service was great by SA standards, well trained, knowledgable and well presented waiters and an attentive supervisor. Such a pity and clearly we won't be going back.

Visited June 2013
“Opulent dining”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The opulent extravagance of the décor compliments the delicious choice of food and wine. The restaurant is in the Manor House of one of the oldest wine estates in the Cape. The 5 rooms are decorated with a mix of decadent modern and the timeless elegance of beautiful artwork supplied by the family who own the Alphen Estate. We had a 3 course menu, very reasonably priced with such ample portions that we hardly had enough room for the gorgeous deserts! There is an extensive wine list with a good selection of the local Constantia wine estates. The service is top class.

• Visited June 2013
GMAlphen, Public Relations Manager at 5 Rooms Restaurant, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback and rating.

Hoping to see you again soon!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Private dining room at 5 rooms”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The evening started brilliantly with drinks in the rose bar, cosy on a damp evening with heaters going. We moved to the waiting area of the restaurant for champagne and chatting, and only with reluctance made our way into the dining area.

It was worth it though, the lighting and beautiful lampshades make for a really special experience. The staff were discrete but attentive, so we really felt special.

The food was a little disappointing, my risotto starter was average and my seafood platter quite dry, but I did taste the Malva dessert and that was out of this world.

My dining partners also didn't rave about the food, but there were no complaints either. Given the price I expected a better experience from the food, but for the rest, ambience, service and comfort, I can give full marks!

• Visited May 2013