“Anyone can do it”

Enrica Rocca Cooking School Cape Town
Ranked #12 of 20 things to do in Constantia
More attraction details
Owner description: Courses of authentic Italian and Ligurian cooking, a tour of the peninsula with a tourist guide, visiting the country’s most important wine estates, picking vegetables directly from Emma’s kitchen garden, making homemade pasta, taking lessons on wine matching and Italian cooking, are the experiences you could have with Emma who will make you fall in love with South Africa and will show it to you with the same passion she reserves for closest of friends.Corsi di autentica cucina italiana e ligure, il giro della Penisola con una guida turistica, la visita alle tenute vinicole più importanti del paese, la raccolta delle verdure direttamente dall’orto di Emma, fare la pasta fatta in casa, lezioni di abbinamento vini e di cucina italiana, sono tutte esperienze che farete con Emma che vi farà amare il Sud Africa e ve lo mostrerà con la stessa passione che riserva ai suoi parenti ed amici.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Some might say that Emma is a great cook all round or better yet THE COOK, but I my book Emma is a fabulous teacher and she knows what she is doing. Is was an afternoon spent with colleagues preparing awesome dishes, from the starter of pizza, to Pesto and Fillet and a mouth watering dessert of Tiramisu. I have to say that me being an Italian food lover this menu was the best ever prepared and served and my favorite dish was the Pesto. Everyone should have a to do list and I would like to encourage everyone to add Emma's Kitchen on their to do list. Her warm welcome and patience during the course of the cooking lesson is what me feel at ease, I really loved and enjoyed my experience and can't wait to repeat it again:)))))

2  Thank Vuyisile N

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I joined four others for an evening of Italian cooking in Emma's beautiful home kitchen this week. It was a warm, intimate, leisurely experience, very different from the rather impersonal, standardised offerings one finds at some other cookery schools in Cape Town. Emma is a passionate and highly discerning chef, who ensures that each dish is absolutely perfectly prepared for her guests to enjoy. With her guests as enthusiastic assistants, she demonstrated how to prepare mussels a la Genovese, the most mouthwatering parmiggiana di melanzane on the planet (I'm still having heavenly flashbacks), involtini (stuffed veal parcels), and a gorgeous tiramisu that we were too stuffed to do adequate justice to! The food was complemented by an outstanding selection of local wines. It was an inspiring and highly informative evening, recreating an authentic Italian kitchen on the tip of Africa. I'll be back for more!

1  Thank DebCT2013
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Together with 5 colleagues, I had an amazing team building experience with Emma (the owner of the school)!
The first thing that a amazed us is the location: a wonderful villa in Constantia, with spectacular views and that feeling of being home.

We have spent half day preparing:
Starters
Pesto linguine
Filllet
Tiramisu

With her great knowledge and passion for cooking, Emma has shown us that every one can cook an amazing meal!

Emma has been informative and patient throughout the class, plus added a touch of Italian flavour to make us feel relaxed and at ease.

The quality of the outcome was impressive! The best pesto we ever had and a Tiramisu that will be my benchmark from now on.

I would suggest anyone to spend some time ay Emma' kitchen, as she will give you a great inspiration to have fun while cooking.

Thanks Emma!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We gave, as a gift, an evening course with Emma to some friends. Of course we had to go along to!
What a special evening it was - the food that Emma produced and that we helped to prepare was really superb.
Freshest ingredients, herbs from her garden and who would have known that you can cook risotto in advance?
We were six friends and it was the perfect number.
Wine flowed all night and the lemonchello ended off a perfect evening.
Don't miss out - if you live in Cape Town this is a must!

1  Thank CapeTownBeth
Reviewed September 9, 2013

To spend an evening in Emma's kitchen has got to be on of the top twenty most inspiring things to do in Cape Town. Emma is passionate about food and taught us to cook the most delicious Italian fare with fresh, simple ingredients. Not only is she a delight but also a very knowledgeable cook eager to share her secrets. We asked that the recipes we learnt were not time-consuming or too elaborate and were thrilled with her choice of menu. She exceeded all expectations so we will be back for more.