The Steenberg was a delightful surprise! We visited mainly to play golf on what turned out to be one of the best courses we played during our three week golfing holiday in South Africa. The Steenberg was more than the golf course however. The hotel accomodation was exellent as was the food in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast. What set the whole place apart however, was the staff. They couldn't do enough for you and were always helpful and understandin. They were not motivated to be looking for tips all the time because the hotel makes clear its policy to guests...leave a tip when you pay your bill and it will be divided amongst the staff. You can't believe the difference this makes! Even the security staff smile when you arrive!
Overall we thought the Steenberg exellent and will make an effort to visit again when next in South Africa. It was the best we stayed in on this trip and the golf course...fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel surrounded by vineyards nestles at the foot of the magnificent Stone Mountain. Here the elegance & tradition of the 17th century blend harmoniously with the luxuries and conveniences of our modern age. A Championship golf course, an award winning Winery, Catharina’s Restaurant and Steenberg Spa complete the serene picture of this 24-bedroom Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Steenberg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steenberg Hotel Cape Town
- Steenberg Hotel Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa