“A super relaxing experience”
Review of Steenberg Hotel

Steenberg Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Constantia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Steenberg Estate is beautiful and well situated. From the welcome reception to our goodbye our experience was excellent...The staff were helpful, friendly and professional. Our dinning experiences were very good and our room was lovely. We will definitely return to this wonderful venue.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We often visit hotels we love more than once a year but we have been back to Steenberg Hotel about 4 times this year because they really treat you like royalty and nothing is ever to much and most importantly they are so child friendly which was very welcoming.

We starting off our years travels by going back there again,i just love the staff and the place is exquisitely beautiful!!!

Catherine and Mandisa is always so willing to go the extra mile and that is really appreciated and they deserve a special mention.

Room Tip: You must leave some time to explore the grounds,its so worthit. And if you a photographer the views...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Steenberg1682, General Manager at Steenberg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you, Rene, for such a wonderful review and for providing us with such valued feedback. We're delighted that you so enjoy staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

With warmest wishes,
The Steenberg Hotel Team

Reviewed December 13, 2012

One of the places we will always remember is our 2 night stay at the Steenberg Hotel. The hotel is situated in a historic wine farm amidst the beautiful vineyard with views looking at the mountain. It is so serene and peaceful, just gorgeous and very luxurious. Our room was great with a patio/terrace where you can sit and just absorb the beautiful surrounding. It is very cozy and spacious and had a huge comfortable bed for a real good night rest after a long flight and a long day of touring. Very clean with nice furnishings. The bathroom is good size and has a roomy shower.

We had drinks at the bar which was fun and then enjoyed a lovely dinner at Catarina's restaurant. The food is absolutely fantastic and the wine if very good. We had a lovely delicious breakfast early in the morning before we started our tour. The hotels is located in close proximity to Capetown about 20 minutes away. It is a perfect homebase while in Capetown. It allows you to tour the must see sites with ease.

The Hotel and restaurant staff are absolutely fantastic. They give excellent service and made sure that everything is just perfect. Friendly. courteous and has willingness to serve and please you. They always try to anticipate your needs which is just wonderful. Remember the phrase "do it right the first time"? ....Well, that is just what they did!

Outstanding, First class all the way!

Stuart & Nanette Duzan
Fountain Hills, Arizona USA

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steenberg1682, General Manager at Steenberg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Best wishes,
The Steenberg Team

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the hotel beginning of December 2012. The location of this hotel is breath taking and very serene, only 20 minutes away from Cape Town city.
The building is a historical building and I received a small tour of the estate.
I did not stay in a premier room but I loved these rooms, spacious, modern, and overlooking the golf course and the wine ranks.
The room I stayed in was decent. The thing I did not like was the shower, it was a bit cheap (cabinet with plastic doors) and the water pressure wasn't strong enough. I was also woken up by guests checking in late at night. They had a nice turn down service by placing some fresh flowers on the pillow and in the bath room.
The service level of the staff is very high but during my stay I had the impression that not all the departments were working effectively together and that the hotel staff had to put extra efforts fixing things that should have gone right the first time. Even though I reserved in advance, I was not able to have dinner at Catherina's restaurant due to a function that was taking place there. The hotel staff found a solution by serving me dinner in the Champaign bar, which was fine and service there was once again good to great.
I booked a tee time of 8.45 in advance but was informed during check in that it was changed to 7.24. The staff had done their best again but they were informed too late by the Golf staff that there was a tournament that day. As a result I had an early breakfast and was at the restaurant at 6.45. The breakfast buffet was not completely set up yet and the cook had not even arrived to make the orders of the guests. I had to quickly eat breakfast in order to make my tee time.
The golf course is stunning, the holes are in great condition and are challenging to play on. One of the better courses I played on.
I also wanted to have a massage at the Steenberg spa. They were fully booked but again the hotel staff did their best to make it happen and they succeeded in it. Massage treatment was good, the odd thing is that the spa automatically added a 10 minute extra to the treatment whereas I booked for a regular treatment from their offer, which was 50 minutes.
Wifi wasn't working properly during my stay. Normally, you come here for relaxation and wifi is not a must but I had some work to finish and needed wifi for this. The staff informed me that they were working on this and it should be working just before the high season starts.
Bistro 1682 is a good choice for lunch, once again beautiful location and good service.
I will come back again because of the location that is so beautiful and magical. Even though not all things were running smoothly, the hotel manager (who personally stopped by to say good bye, to make apologies and to make a small gesture), the two duty managers and the hotel and restaurant staff are very professional and customer service focussed and I really appreciated that. I am confident that the next visit will blow me away.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Database M
Steenberg1682, General Manager at Steenberg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your comprehensive and detailed feedback, we truly appreciate it! We will be in touch directly to discuss the points you have kindly raised. Many thanks!

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here at the beginning of our 2 week trip in South Sfrica. What a beautiful place to unwind after the long journey from the USA! Our room was lovely, the restaurant was super, the staff was excellent. We also had a wonderful massage at their spa. The grounds and vineyards are perfect for taking long walks or using their bikes. There is a lovely pool and Golf Course. You can also do wine tastings. The Constancia area is also a good base to explore other areas of the Cape Peninsula (if you can stand to leave the premises!)

• Stayed: November 2012
Steenberg1682, General Manager at Steenberg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us this wonderful and comprehensive feedback - we so appreciate it, and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. With best wishes, Gaby Gramm

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel is in a beautiful setting with views of Table Mountain from the grounds and a lovely view of the vineyards from the restaurant. The service is excellent, the breakfast is substantial and delicious. There are two restaurants on the property and they are both excellent. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 12 has a private garden with views of Table Mountain that had lounge chairs and a dining table.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Steenberg1682, General Manager at Steenberg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at the Steenberg Resort Hotel for four weeks on business and cannot overstate just how great the staff, the accommodations and restaurant were 100% of the time. The staff was outstanding and always went the extra mile to take care of me. Similarly, the restaurant was equally great and the wait staff is probably the warmest, most courteous group of people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Well done Steenberg! Keep up the great service!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Steenberg1682, General Manager at Steenberg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Constantia
The Cellars-Hohenort
POD Camps Bay
#1 of 12 in Camps Bay
South Beach Camps Bay
#2 of 12 in Camps Bay

Been to Steenberg Hotel? Share your experiences!