We went to Steenberg Hotel for my husband’s birthday weekend, and enjoyed every single moment of the whole weekend there. From the moment we started with our reservations right to the end at check-out, we were treated like gold. We got upgraded to a recently renovated premier room with views over the vineyards. The room itself is huge with an open plan bathroom with a lovely built-in bath with vanities on both sides, a shower and separate toilet cubicle. The room definitely compared to the best of all our previous travels, and is a mixture between modern furnishings and old furniture items. All the furnishing are ultimate luxury and every possible amenity are in the room for you to use. Outside was a patio with a table with 4 chairs and 2 loungers for your personal use.
The hotel grounds with all the old Cape Dutch buildings are absolutely beautiful and serene, except for all the birds constantly making noise. But we enjoyed it. Staff is always friendly and attentive to every need that you have. Requests made from the room were done within seconds. One of the ladies actually arrived out of breath with the items we asked for, and it was literally almost 20 seconds after we phoned.
Breakfast is good with a wide variety to choose from, as well as Steenberg Wine Farm’s bubbly for you to have. My husband had the Cape Malay omelette the first morning, and it was absolutely exquisite. A Cape twist on a modern classic, and it was delicious. The second morning we had room service for breakfast and at the appointed time all items were brought to our room and left for us to enjoy. We loved this as well, and all the food was good, as breakfast can be.
We did eat dinner at Catharina’s restaurant (see separate review) the first evening and at Constantia Uitsig restaurant (see separate review) the following evening.
We also went for the complimentary wine tasting at the estate’s cellar, and enjoyed the wonderful wines there. Steenberg Wine estate does make some of our favourite wines in Constantia.
We also had a 30min back massage and hour facial at the Gingko Spa during our stay, and we loved this. Service and treatments were brilliant. The massage and facial made us completely relaxed and we enjoyed the facilities of the spa completely.
When we checked in we did ask reception if we will be able to check out late, as SA was playing Wales in the RWC, and we wanted to watch the game, but our room was booked for that day, so they arranged and at 10:30 prior to the start of the game, transported us and our luggage to another bigger room, for our use. We could watch the game there, and leave the luggage until we checked out after lunch on the Sunday at Catharina’s again. Brilliant service from the hotel staff and everyone!
We will definitely recommend everyone to stay here. The hotel really deserves its’ accolade.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel surrounded by vineyards nestles at the foot of the magnificent Stone Mountain. Here the elegance & tradition of the 17th century blend harmoniously with the luxuries and conveniences of our modern age. A Championship golf course, an award winning Winery, Catharina’s Restaurant and Steenberg Spa complete the serene picture of this 24-bedroom Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steenberg Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steenberg Hotel Cape Town
- Steenberg Hotel Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa