This remains one of our favourite hotels, anywhere. Situated In Constantia, a short drive outside Cape Town and close to Kirstenbosch Gardens, the hotel is a haven for those looking to get away from the daily hustle and bustle. The grounds are beautifully maintained and home to a family of white Call Ducks. (The ducks for us are a real highlight! While they make some noise during the day we did not find this in any way disruptive and didn't hear a peep at night.)
We have stayed at this property twice. Our first visit was in December 2012 when we were lucky enough to spend a week in a deluxe suite (courtesy of an upgrade by the hotel.) The deluxe suite was beautifully appointed with hard wood floors and a contemporary looking four poster bed. We visited again in December 2013 and this time stayed in a suite. The furnishings looked a little bit tired in comparison to the deluxe suite and the floor was carpets. However the balcony offered more privacy and shade.
The real stand out here is the quality of service. Everyone greeted us with a smile and all the staff - front desk, room service, housekeeping as well as in the bar and restaurant - did everything they could to ensure we had an enjoyable stay. This was absolutely five star service.
The hotel also has a spa with dermalogica and theravine products. We had a number of treatments at the spa which was incredibly clean. The treatments were a very good quality to price ratio.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cape Town's historical Constantia Valley, on the breathtaking slopes of Table Mountain, all the rooms and suites of The Cellars-Hohenort boast panoramic views of the impressive mountain and the beautiful grounds. Set in 9.5 acres of world renowned and award winning gardens, this historic and beautiful country escape in the city offers guests far more than just incomparable scenery. Surrounded by top wine producing farms and some of South Africa's most popular restaurants,you will find so much to do and a mere fifteen minute drive to Cape Town City center & Waterfront. Back at the hotel there are two award-winning dining experiences, including Greenhouse, where cuisine focuses on regional flavors with modern interpretations. All of this is the result of owner Liz McGrath's more than twenty years of hard work, love and endless inspiration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Cellars-Hohenort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cellars-Hohenort Hotel Constantia
- Cellars Hohenort Constantia
- Cellars Hohenort Hotel Constantia
- The Cellars-Hohenort Constantia, Cape Town, South Africa