“Best day ever!”

Jonkershuis Restaurant at Groot Constantia
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Constantia
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Jonkershuis Constantia is nestled in the historic core of the Groot Constantia Wine Estate next to the historic Manor House and surrounded by ancient oak trees. Your first impression is dominated by sweeping views across the oldest wine producing vineyards in South Africa, down the valley to the enveloping coastline of False Bay. This family owned and managed bistro boasts a diversity of locations from private dining grandeur, to intimate interior fire side dining, to typical Italian village gatherings in their vine covered courtyard to family style lunches on their front lawns, were children can safely play reminiscent of a bygone era.. Partner Chris Coetzee, a father of two energetic young sons says, "Our close proximity and strong association with Iziko Museums is very important to me, it is a privilege for my children to be raised surrounded by so much of their heritage." The rich cultural history of Jonkershuis lends a magical and old world charm to any occasion held at the beautiful Jonkershuis. Tammy Botbyl (partner), "The strong legacy of history and tradition has inspired many couples to share their vows here and celebrate their union in style. It is a privilege for us to be part of the beginning of so many new legacies."
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

A quick bite turned into a whole day affair. The food was superb. Wines divine. The setting is out of this world. The perfect weather added to just such a great day out. Very relaxing and enjoyable. Very kid friendly and they loved it too. The only draw back was the service. Waitrons unattentive and not as professional as one would expect at such a fine venue. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

Fantastic food, service and ambience. Tons of flavor, great deserts. The waiter was so nice and helpful. I ordered a curry vegetarian dish which was amazing.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I went to Jonkershuis with my family to have breakfast. The waitress was very enthusiastic and kind. The food was delicious, I had the french toast with bacon and syrup which I definitely recommend. The coffee was fine but slightly to cold. We sat outside at the terrace in the sun which was perfect. I am planning to come back soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Always a good option when in search of lazy outdoor dining. Wonderful hearty meals on offer and a variety of wines to match. Great for families and groups.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have been a few times to this restaurant, however on this occasion I went with my mother for my birthday lunch.

Needless to say it was amazing, the wine selection is superb.
The service was impeccable, from running through the specials with us to topping up our wine.
The meal was delicious, I had the line fish of the day which was Dorado served with crush baby potatoes and a buerre blanc sauce. My Mom had the Parmesan Crumbed Chicken breast with a mushroom sauce and greens.

To finish off our meal we shared a piece of the homemade Cheesecake, I can honestly say that it was the best piece i have had in my life

I will definitely be back