“Amazing flavours”

Bistro Sixteen82
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Named after the year in which Steenberg was established, Bistro Sixteen82 first opened its doors in 2009, and has been the tapas and bistro-style darling of the dining world ever since. An innovative and interactive wine and food destination, the Bistro sits adjacent to Steenberg’s winery, and spills into its surrounding indigenous gardens with a terraced dining area leading to reflective water features, unfurling into views of the magnificent stone mountains and expansive winelands. The Bistro Sixteen82 menu is a constant evolution, keeping up with seasonal produce and featuring inventive dishes that compliment the finest locally sourced ingredients. With Breakfast, Lunch and late-afternoon Tapas menus to choose from, the Bistro provides fine dining with an inimitable contemporary spirit. Executive Chef, Kerry Kilpin, love to create food which is seasonal, flavourful and bursts with freshness. "My greatest inspirations are derived from significant occasions in my life. On my travels to Thailand I developed a love and passion for Asian food. From shopping at the local food markets to creating my first authentic Thai dish, I was in heaven. You will notice a common thread in what I do and who I am. Love. I cook with love and my food is love." Internationally, Bistro Sixteen82 has been recognised in the list of 20 of the World’s Best Winery Restaurants by Canada’s renowned Wine Access magazine. Locally, listings included prominent mentions in Fleur du Cap’s Top 100 Places; Eat in Cape Town; and EAT OUT’s Best Bistros list.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Amazing flavours”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great mussel starter, perfect fillet and the best salty chocolate desert ever. We will be back again and again!

• Visited February 2014

“Very disappointing!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

My daughter and I chose Bistro 1682 for a special 'date night' having been there before for both tapas and regular weekend lunches. We were both very disappointed - it took 10 minutes to even get a menu and then we only got one as they were 'running low'. We ordered wine and water and for a while only had small water glasses as they had 'run out' of wine glasses (bear in mind the Bistro is situated on a working vineyard!). The tapas menu as you would expect was limited to around 10 options including bread and a charcuterie platter. We were seated around 7.10 over an hour before the kitchen closed and ordered 3 tapas plus some bread. A while later we were told that our first 2 choices were unavailable. We reluctantly chose again and the food then took an age to come (30-40 minutes) with no communication in the meanwhile - perhaps acceptable for fine dining but not for tapas! Admittedly when it did arrive we enjoyed the hot chicken wings but the bread was stale and inedible so we sent it back (it had been a hot day but still …). We eventually asked for the bill and were told the bread was complimentary but will not be going back for a while - which is a shame as we are Capetonians, eat out regularly as a family (including in the winter which is what Cape Town restaurants need) and are members of the golf course where the restaurant is situated). The Steenberg Rattlesnake sauvignon blanc was by contrast delicious!

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“A bit disappointing this time”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love Sixteen82 and went several times last year, so was looking forward to my return. The menu has changed but all still looked very good even though my favourite dish - beef tataki - was no longer there. The setting is beautiful as ever. My starter of tuna tartare was delicious but really small and my main of linefish (yellowtail) was a bit overcooked. The steaks weren't served hot enough and my husband's pasta was also lukewarm/bordering on cold. The steak tartare was lovely but again, tiny with the pork belly special probably the best dish. I was disappointed because every meal I've previously had at Sixteen82 has been spectacular or bordering on it. It still wasn't bad, but didn't stand up by comparison.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wine tasting with some starters”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was visiting Steenberg Winery as part of a recommendation of places to do a tasting, and let me tell you the wine was excellent. I decided that while enjoying a glass that I wold have a starter at the restaurant attached to the tasting room. I can't do a full review on the food or service since I just had one item and was sitting at the bar. But from what I saw, I would go back to try a full coursed meal.

London, United Kingdom
“Great location, well worth a visit”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We visited last year in January and it was so good we went back this trip. Great location in a well designed space. Very nice interior design and with seating inside and out you have good options.
Food simple but very well presented and a great wine selection.