“luxury and wow !!!!!!!”

Bistro Sixteen82
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Named after the year in which Steenberg was established, Bistro Sixteen82 first opened its doors in 2009, and has been the tapas and bistro-style darling of the dining world ever since. An innovative and interactive wine and food destination, the Bistro sits adjacent to Steenberg’s winery, and spills into its surrounding indigenous gardens with a terraced dining area leading to reflective water features, unfurling into views of the magnificent stone mountains and expansive winelands. The Bistro Sixteen82 menu is a constant evolution, keeping up with seasonal produce and featuring inventive dishes that compliment the finest locally sourced ingredients. With Breakfast, Lunch and late-afternoon Tapas menus to choose from, the Bistro provides fine dining with an inimitable contemporary spirit. Executive Chef, Kerry Kilpin, love to create food which is seasonal, flavourful and bursts with freshness. "My greatest inspirations are derived from significant occasions in my life. On my travels to Thailand I developed a love and passion for Asian food. From shopping at the local food markets to creating my first authentic Thai dish, I was in heaven. You will notice a common thread in what I do and who I am. Love. I cook with love and my food is love." Internationally, Bistro Sixteen82 has been recognised in the list of 20 of the World’s Best Winery Restaurants by Canada’s renowned Wine Access magazine. Locally, listings included prominent mentions in Fleur du Cap’s Top 100 Places; Eat in Cape Town; and EAT OUT’s Best Bistros list.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

when to this bistro , and i was gobsmeked!!!!wow... what a winery ..on the golf course, beautifull decor, best service , a very very enjoyable afternoon. Highly recomend... LOVED it !!! cheers, and yes the wine is great....*

Reviewed April 23, 2013

To be honest, I have to admit, that I have a day before played a nice round of golf on the superb Steenberg Golf Course with two local fellow competitors and they have recommend us the bistro and we have enjoyed the evening a lot. But I am afraid, that I am maybe to Steenberg not anymore objective.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We visited Bistro 1682 for the second time when we arrived in Cape town in early April. It is just as good as ever. Lovely atmosphere, gorgeous setting, lovely outdoor area for kids to play, excellent service & amazing food! What more can I say. We will return once more before we leave Cape town & certainly keep coming back when ever we come back to visit. I had the best pasta at Bistro 1682 that I have ever had!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Normally you can't get but yesterday morning early I decided to book lunch at the Bistro. Servic was great, food excellent and the wine "Rattle snake" out of this world. What a great experience. I can highly recommend

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Although we usually spend a lot of time planning where to eat to allow us to experience the best restaurants in the area, we went to Constantia Valley after doing little research to enjoy a day wine tasting. We ended up at Bistro 1682 for lunch and were immediately pleased with the helpful front of house service we received.
We ordered The pork ragout with a goats cheese fondant and I can honestly say this is one of the best meals I have had in a while. The fondant melted through the fresh home made parpadelle and the chef managed to catch an extraordinary flavour in the ragout. I never knew pasta could taste so heavenly. We also got sticky pork belly and the Valharona crunchie which were both great. We had to alert the waitresses a few times to attend to us but the food was so exceptional we didn't notice the slight imperfection in service.
The atmosphere and winery as a whole is set in stunning surrounds. Highly recommended.

1  Thank SamBell83