“Super venue and food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bistro Sixteen82

Bistro Sixteen82
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Constantia
Cuisines: European, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Named after the year in which Steenberg was established, Bistro Sixteen82 first opened its doors in 2009, and has been the tapas and bistro-style darling of the dining world ever since. An innovative and interactive wine and food destination, the Bistro sits adjacent to Steenberg’s winery, and spills into its surrounding indigenous gardens with a terraced dining area leading to reflective water features, unfurling into views of the magnificent stone mountains and expansive winelands. The Bistro Sixteen82 menu is a constant evolution, keeping up with seasonal produce and featuring inventive dishes that compliment the finest locally sourced ingredients. With Breakfast, Lunch and late-afternoon Tapas menus to choose from, the Bistro provides fine dining with an inimitable contemporary spirit. Executive Chef, Kerry Kilpin, love to create food which is seasonal, flavourful and bursts with freshness. "My greatest inspirations are derived from significant occasions in my life. On my travels to Thailand I developed a love and passion for Asian food. From shopping at the local food markets to creating my first authentic Thai dish, I was in heaven. You will notice a common thread in what I do and who I am. Love. I cook with love and my food is love." Internationally, Bistro Sixteen82 has been recognised in the list of 20 of the World’s Best Winery Restaurants by Canada’s renowned Wine Access magazine. Locally, listings included prominent mentions in Fleur du Cap’s Top 100 Places; Eat in Cape Town; and EAT OUT’s Best Bistros list.
Cape Town, South Africa
“Super venue and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We held our annual end of year lunch, we were 15 in total. Great area for pre-lunch drinks overlooking the garden. We had lunch at 2pm (by choice). Service was great, all meals arrived at the same time. Portions are a little small. They make 10 special burgers on a Friday - if you can order one they are great! All round a great end of year venue - all went home very Happy!

• Visited December 2012

Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Elegantly casual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Breakfasts are consistently excellent (cheaper than the Mugg n Bean Mall Variety )brekkiebut way better flavours and quality.
Lunches are superb - contrasting flavours abound in the salads and dishes.
Tapas in the evenings are great and a wonderful way to share many flavours with friends.
picnics in summer - "Locals-on-the-lawn" picnic on the Teletubby-like rolling lawns with
A basket with wine and snacks and children are free to explore - leads to very happy families of all age groups :)

Scotland, United Kingdom
“Always a great Tapas menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Always visit when in Cape Town. The Tapas menu always has loads of variety - try the pork meatballs. Mmmmmmm.... I always feel spoilt for choice. Because it is often very busy, I booked on-line from the UK which was quickly confirmed. I would suggest arriving in time for a tasting of Steenberg wines with the professional team in the Tasting Room which is one on the most stunning in the area. I will visit again when I am back in Cape Town in March.

• Visited November 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Always a pleasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We go here often, and have never been disappointed. The friendly staff are knowledgeable and helpful, but never obtrusive. The wines are excellent, and the tapas board has a very good variety of tempting dishes, beautifully presented and without fail, delicious. A bit pricey - but they source their ingredients locally from well known suppliers, so we're willing to pay just a bit more for such good quality.

Visited December 2012
Cape Town
“"Stunning Venue"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I treated my Mother to breakfast for her Birthday - the venue, the atmosphere and the views are absolutely stunning!!! The breakfast menu is presented on a chalk board which I assume changes from time to time. I asked the waitress whether I could order a very plain omelette with just mushrooms in it and the chef was more than happy to accommodate. I have heard from frienda that the evening cocktails and tapa's are fantastic, so I look forward to returning to sample this before the end of the year!!!

Visited November 2012