“Wonderful picnic”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
germany
“Wonderful picnic”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had a wonderful picnic at this vineyard....created with so much love, everything was delicious....be sure to book a table or just the picnicbasket ,it is wonderful to sit on the grass too...

Thank you for this lovely day....
Haven't been to the restaurant, but heard that it is one of the best in this area !

“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant before and always liked it. I do not eat garlic. I chose carefully and with the help of our waiter, but both the starter and main course came with garlic. Had to be sent back. Seems like the chef did not care? The manager could not explain why the chef had done this?

1 Thank Alec J
Stockholm
“Lovely picnic!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This is a great place just to let time fly, while you lie in the grass sipping on "blanc Noir" (Rosé wine).

Either sit at a table or choose to sit/lie on a blanket (recommended for kids) while discovering what they have packed into your basket.

One word of caution: they have lose hens/roosters wandering about and they WILL try to eat your food. Show them who is boss and you should be OK.

End your picnic with a nice complimentary coffee in the hipster coffebar in the adjacent building.

• Visited February 2013
Naples, Florida
“dreadful”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My friends had raved about this restaurant in previous years so my expectations were high. What a disappointment. The starter of cheese with mushrooms and roasted vegetables was in a petri dish with what looked like soil, was very dry and tasted awful. The main courses of weiner schnitzel and porcbella were dry and tasteless.The fish of the day was slightly overcooked with the taste of the capers overbearing. We had a long wait for our pudding which was the chocolate variation. This was the best course. With so many good restaurants to choose from in the area I won't be coming back

• Visited March 2013
London
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

For many years now one of the highlights of our many visits to Cape Town has been visits to this restaurant. We have indeed had some memorable times both in service and food but sadly after a meal yesterday I can only say that we will not be returning. The food was dull, tasteless and frankly of poor quality. I could list the various courses that were lacking but I feel that it would serve no purpose as I am not sure that the management would taken it on board. An example of where the service is lacking is that 7 of the 8 people waited 35 minutes for their dessert and whilst the staff did apologise it should not be necessary to have to go and search for staff. Out of the 8 people in our party at least 5/6 will not be returning and this seems such a shame when the setting is so perfect.

Edgar70, Chef & Partner at Buitenverwachting Restaurant, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Mrs Butler,
with sadnes I´m reading your review.
I have been off sick for a couple of days but this shall be not an excuse for your experience. The Chefs which have been on duty that particular lunch have been counsled accordingly. You have stated in your review that you had many good memories about my food
& I hope you will remember those fond memories & at your next visit to Cape Town I would like to add more good memories, if given a chance.
Kind regards,