“If you're into "good"”

Simon's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Constantia
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the fertile Constantia Valley lies a 300-year old wine estate, Groot Constantia and on it, Simon's restaurant, where we celebrate the riches of the Cape winelands by transforming the freshest ingredients into memorable meals. Revel in the Cape Town summer by dining al fresco on our terrace with panoramic views of the Groot Constantia vineyards. Savour the wines of the valley or enjoy our wide selection of craft beers. As the weather turns, join us inside where we like to light a giant fire on chilly days
Cheongju, South Korea
“If you're into "good"”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Simon's is set in a pretty part of the Cape. It makes for an ideal afternoon lunch setting, tucked away in the vineyards.

Experienced friendly service from both managers as well as the waiters and waitresses. Our particular waiter was very attentive.

The drinks were fantastic: an impressive bloody mary and a craft beer.

The food:

- Frito Misto - Not for the faint-hearted. A platter of various seafood all which have been deeply deep fried. It was all too much for me I'm afraid. I left feeling very unhealthy to say the least. I feel that this meal could be broken up by something not fried -such as a green. My own fault for ordering it. Lord have mercy.

- Fish Orleans Blackened - Flavours were divine however the sponginess of fish was slightly unsettling. Veggies and mash on the side were excellent, cooked to perfection.

• Visited October 2013

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“WE WILL BE BACK!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My family and I decided to go for a relaxing walk, wine tasting and lunch at Groot Constantia wine estate on Thursday 17th October 2013. We enjoyed our wine experience and decided to go get a quick bite to eat, we walked past the one restaurant “Jonkershuis” but clearly something else was going on but we were guided to the other restaurant “Simon’s Restaurant”. . . All I can say is WOW! It was full, had such an amazing vibe and was exactly what we were looking for. We sat in their courtyard and ate the most amazing food. My wife had the Calamari Main, I had the Pork belly and my son had a chicken burger. What value for money folks. Service a bit slow but understandable for such a busy day.
WE WELL BE BACK!

• Visited October 2013
Pretoria, South Africa
“Poor hygiene....”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I found glass in my food! The attitude of the waiter was mildly apologetic and no manager even bothered to come to the table. Terrible.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Mpho M
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Dinner with Friends at Simon's”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had dinner at Simon's on a Friday evening with friends. Was expecting it to be packed and with loads of atmosphere, but was rather disappointing - our order was rushed at about 8.30pm as apparently the kitchen was closing!! And zero atmosphere. Was also so dark inside I could hardly see what I was eating. The food was good, and prices not too bad, but not an amazing evening all in all.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank adunkley
“The second great experience at Simon's”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner during our honeymoon in 2011 and we decided to come back to Simon's during our holidays this summer.

The location is beautiful, just inside the Groot Constantia, and we suggest to have the cellar tour before your dinner.

David, the restaurant Manager, was so kind to organize everything by mail: we had the best Wellington Fillet ever tasted, together with a great Pinotage and perfect starters. Also our friends that joined us for this journey were amazed by the quality of this dinner, moreover by the quality/price ratio.

Last beautiful surprise: the Simon's opened a beautiful pub just aside the restaurant, where we had some drinks after dinner listening to great live music! The best ending for a great night.
Thank you David, we hope to come back soon again!

• Visited August 2013