“Fabulous food in great winery landscape”
Review of Simon's Restaurant

Simon's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 44 Restaurants in Constantia
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the fertile Constantia Valley lies a 300-year old wine estate, Groot Constantia and on it, Simon's restaurant, where we celebrate the riches of the Cape winelands by transforming the freshest ingredients into memorable meals. Revel in the Cape Town summer by dining al fresco on our terrace with panoramic views of the Groot Constantia vineyards. Savour the wines of the valley or enjoy our wide selection of craft beers. As the weather turns, join us inside where we like to light a giant fire on chilly days
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We went on a Sunday which was very busy with locals just using the restaurant. Great staff, good shady outdoor seating and lovely food. Really enjoyed the cheese souffle and Salmon. We would come back next time we are in CT just for the restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Simon's Restaurant

Reviewed March 13, 2013

my wife and I visited on a Sunday afternoon around 2.30pm.
The restaurant was quite busy outside - and a lot of locals which is a good sign!
The food was very good - we shared a platter for 2 of meats and cheeses (Charcuter Plate at 135 Rand - maybe £10).
The staff were very friendly and attentive, although maybe a little slow on service due to the busyness. But we were in no rush either.
As well as a careffe of Shiraz and a still mineral water the total bill was 240 Rand (so about £20 with the tip!) so also fantastic value for money!

The restaurant had a broad menu (from steals to fish and poultry dishes) and plenty of wines to choose from. So a good play to visit if in Cape Town.

1  Thank AndyBee
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food was excellent, my steak was done to the instruction and was absolutely superb! the staff was really good and attentive and my wife had calamari and chips which looked and smelt absolutely divine! i would have tasted it, but that would have meant me having to part with a piece of my steak which I was in love with! The prices were not out of budget and I felt it to be fantastic value for money!

1  Thank Reuben C
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Groot Constantia is one of the oldest wine estate in South Africa. It oozes old traditions and legacy. Beautiful buildings and scenery.

The food at Simon´s was great, but we were in a good mood from just being at GK. Had this restaurant been elsewhere it wouldn´t have scored as high.

I had a huge 500 gram steak that was nice - on top of that a caraffe of the house wines. (Apparently you may approx drink one caraffe and still be under the driving limit)

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Informal atmosphere.
Quiet when we visited for dinner. Didn't particularly like the open kitchen at the back of the dining area...but suspect this was mainly a lighting issue.