“A healthy lunch in Cavendish”
Review of Kauai

Kauai
Description: At KAUAI Kloof Street, everything tastes deliciously good, is good for you and is made from the freshest natural ingredients available.
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Go to the lower ground level near Pick and Pay and you'll find this fast food restaurant. Many options with a Thai flavour. Their salads are wonderful - enough to share - they serve an enormous salad bowl. Great for a light lunch. Fresh fruit juices/smoothies etc.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

I support Kauai every day of the week and came to canal walk and having to stand around waiting for someone to help me.

The waiters all speaking to each other in some African language I think Xhosa and ignoring the customers without informing the customer about a delay or what is happening.

Then I asked if something was wrong and all I got was, "we will be with you now"

Like we are suppose to know

So I complained saying it would be nice if they had said something 10 mins ago instead and so help me......

The woman turns around and keeps speaking Xhosa or whatever language it is.
And what bugs me is the manager is doing exactly the same as her, ignoring the customers and speaking Xhosa.

What African speaking people need to understand in the service industry is that your customer is the one that needs to understand you and talking badly about customers or laughing and talking in Xhosa while your customer is waiting and becoming inpatient is not okay.

The customer is the one paying you to render a service.

I left the shop and they did not even care.

Discussed

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed March 14, 2017

Kauai is a healthy fast food restaurant that's perfect if you're looking for a tasty wrap, a smoothie, anything healthy really!

My major advice is if you get a chance try the Coco Mango Smoothie, it's absolutely divine! With out a doubt the best damn smoothie I've ever tasted!

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Savannah A
Reviewed January 24, 2017 via mobile

Discovered this small cafe tucked in a corner of the mall. Our first stop was for one of their delicious raw fruit drinks. A busy place for wraps, juices and smoothies but you don't have to wait long for orders. Loved the drinks so returned again for lunch where we chose a couple of the wraps. You can choose to have any of them without chicken/beef at a reduced price if you prefer vegetarian ones. They were well packed with fillings and really tasty. Overall the prices are reasonable for fresh, made to order healthy produce.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank GIUHEL
Reviewed January 7, 2017

Great healthy options for wraps, juices and smoothies. We discovered it on one of our last days in Capetown, otherwise we would have gone everyday. For the size of the drinks the prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2017