“Friendly Service - Canal Walk Branch”

Cape Town Fish Market
Ranked #387 of 1,193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We used to visit Cape Town Fish Market at least once a week a few years ago. They then hiked their prices so we gave them a miss for a number of years.

Recently, we visited the branch in Canal Walk - friendly and prompt service although the restaurant was not busy. One of us had fish and chips and I enjoyed a non-fish dish.

Prices for fish are still on the high side.

The sushi bar looked very inviting but there was not a single customer!
As we do not enjoy sushi, I cannot comment on the quality.

It's a great pity that CT Fish Market did not stick to their original concept with reasonable price increases.

1  Thank kaapie62

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This restaurant is a very easy pick if you are at Waterfront in Cape, it's inside a shopping mall and you cannot miss it. I was there twice, first time I was served fried fish with chips at the table and the quality was good for a convenient price. Second time I tried the sushi bar but the the quality did not impress me and is was more expensive.

1  Thank cicci50
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The quality of the food has dropped drastically. The sushi was messy, mushy and tasteless. It is extremely overpriced for what you get. We were regulars here until recently and after another terrible meal tonight, we will not eat here again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The sushi is always excellent and fresh. The staff are friendly and willing to assist, I love all of the stores especially in Umhlanga.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you like fish then this is one of two places you need to try. This is a more upmarket form of seafood restaurant but lots of great service and high quality food items. Also serving more than just fish now as well.