“Sushi excellence”

Good for: Families with children
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Sushi excellence”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Decided to have an early dinner at Willoughby as I was dreading airline food to be had later that evening. I had the 4x4 after the recommendation of the waiter as everything on the menu and on the plates next to me looked so good.

The sushi is one of the best I have tasted and I consider myself to be a sushi connaisseur. Also, as I was not able to finish my endame beans, I got a doggy bag which was much appreciated as it was the best airport snack to be had.

Definitly on my list on places to return to when in Cape Town.

• Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Durban, South Africa
“Best seafood in cape town”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Forget hout bay this is the place for seafood, only place on the waterfront that you will find a line to enter. Enjoyed my birthday lunch at this brilliant place this week, highly recommended. They are busy most times but service impeccable, you never wait for your meals but all food ordered is of excellent quality. Please try the tempura prawns as your starter, word of warning you may order few rounds thereafter.

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Was pleasantly surprised when we went on Tuesday, this week . We have always liked their fish & chips......their batter is particularly light so it is nice & crispy but the real treat is the sushi.
Good substantial pieces and we could order a half portion of a platter keeping the costs down.
We did think the fish & chips was pricy R 95. Best time to go, if you have the time is 3-6 pm, not crowded and happier waiters.

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Absolute favourite restaurant in Cape Town”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We come here whenever we are in Cape Town! It is conveniently situated at the V&A - they don't take reservations so expect to stand in a queue as it gets busy. Amazing sushi and japanese cuisine. Had the tempura prawn sushi for starters and teryaki chicken for mains. We spotted Katie Holmes and her daughter Suri here as they were shooting "The Giver" in Cape Town (she also had to stand in the queue! lol:) ) Highly recommended!!

Visited November 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Not real Kinkglip”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Was really disappointed with the food at Willoughby's tonight.

Am convinced that they gave me a substitute fish tonight and not Kingklip. The fish was rubbery and tasteless something like the consistency of calamari.

Not sure if it us caused by the shortage of fish in Cape Town at the moment. They should be honest and tell the customer it isnt real kingklip.

Service was also pretty awful.

Not sure if I will be back in a hurry.