“Memorable Sushi and good Fresh Fish and Seafood”
Review of Willoughby & Co

Willoughby & Co
Ranked #17 of 1,193 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been eating at Willoughby's on a regular basis for several years and have never been disappointed! I have to admit that I have very seldom tried anything other than the sushi, which is just so good that everything else takes second place, at least in my opinion! The do a great job with all the regular sushi favorites, but they do an even better job of producing really unusual sushi combinations such as their 4 x 4 platter consisting of rainbow roll, topped by huge tempura prawns dressed in a delicious Japanese mayo...this dish is the reason I never get to try all the other delicious offerings! My husband regularly tries other options and really enjoyed the Japanese style steak served on a bed of noodles...nice that a dedicated seafood restaurant has good options for carnivores! You do need to arrive early unless you are prepared to queue...and that is why I have rated them 4 instead of 5 stars...they do not take bookings - very difficult if you want to plan a large table. Not much atmosphere as they are in the busy V & A Waterfront shopping mall, but the food makes up for this. Try it...you WILL come back a second time!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,180)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The most amazing sushi I have ever had! Try the 4x4. Good service, lovely atmosphere. The oysters were also great. Waitress knew her menu really well and could make recommendations - so ask for advice.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Cape Town is a place where you can get fantastic seafood and sushi, but no place is quite as good (for me) as Willoughby. The setting is not great (its in a mall at the V & A waterfront), but the food is definitely worth going there. If you dont go there early, you have to queue for quite a while, and not only tourists visit Willoughby, but also plenty of locals, which is of course a very good sign.

I went to Willoughby twice on my last trip to Cape Town, had fresh oysters and grilled prawns the first time, and sushi the second time, both absolutely excellent.

1  Thank nathalieyes
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Fantastic sushi menu. Good Value. Stunning menu with good wine selection too? Sushi, sashimi , giant crab, fish all good

2  Thank AndrewCTKC
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went here with some friends and had a fun time. Had the Tempura prawn mix with veggies...It all tasted the same to me, the veggies were very oily and the sauce indicated on the menu did not come with the food. This seem to have passed the chef and the waitress. The staff were friendly enough but it felt like we were a bit of a nuisance to have around. (we went after 21:00). Other than that, the Sushi was great, and we all had an excellent time and enjoyed our food.