“Awesome Sushi!”

Willoughby & Co
Ranked #30 of 1,257 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The most amazing sushi I have ever had! Try the 4x4. Good service, lovely atmosphere. The oysters were also great. Waitress knew her menu really well and could make recommendations - so ask for advice.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,577)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Cape Town is a place where you can get fantastic seafood and sushi, but no place is quite as good (for me) as Willoughby. The setting is not great (its in a mall at the V & A waterfront), but the food is definitely worth going there. If you dont go there early, you have to queue for quite a while, and not only tourists visit Willoughby, but also plenty of locals, which is of course a very good sign.

I went to Willoughby twice on my last trip to Cape Town, had fresh oysters and grilled prawns the first time, and sushi the second time, both absolutely excellent.

1  Thank nathalieyes
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Fantastic sushi menu. Good Value. Stunning menu with good wine selection too? Sushi, sashimi , giant crab, fish all good

2  Thank AndrewCTKC
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went here with some friends and had a fun time. Had the Tempura prawn mix with veggies...It all tasted the same to me, the veggies were very oily and the sauce indicated on the menu did not come with the food. This seem to have passed the chef and the waitress. The staff were friendly enough but it felt like we were a bit of a nuisance to have around. (we went after 21:00). Other than that, the Sushi was great, and we all had an excellent time and enjoyed our food.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have returned to W. with my wife to have good sushi on a rare dine out evening. We have enjoyed the sushi platters but the rest was average, starting from the tempura mix, the vegetables had a terrible taste of old frying oil, not acceptable. One dessert was suggested by the waiter, mille feuille, it was ok althoug the portion looked like a comfort food rest protion.. I've ordered one of my favourites, creme brulee, I've given it a taste and immediately called the waiter to tell him I could not eat this as it was "fridge cold" and the fat in the creme was solid and unpleasant. He assisted in taking the dessert back to the kitchen to enquire but returned with a sorry note from the kitchen telling me that this is the way this dessert is meant to be serrved. I've sent it back telling him I wouldn't eat it, he could charge me for it if necessary, The creme brulee of course was the first item billed on our slip, no fuss, but I don't see myself going there soon. sorry guys, you have to keep in shape whole menu if you want to retain your position in the industry, or limit the offer to the sushi bar if thsat is your only focus..

1  Thank pedroZA70