“Pap and Braavleis”

Cuisines: African, Barbecue, International, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

To have pap, chakalaka and braaivleis in town and you can even eat it with your hands. You can surely enjoy yourself.

1  Thank Ramasibi

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great people who are eager to help and share stories. Food is great and very cheap - rough/ready and tasty. Excellent chilled house/dub-step beats. Great day out

2  Thank DinnyK
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went to Mzoli's twice while I was in Cape Town. It is great for a number of reasons. For one, it was my first time visiting the townships during my time in Cape Town and allowed me to see a different side of the city while meeting and interacting with many friendly locals. It is also a great place to enjoy a typical South African braai. The only thing provided at Mzoli's is the meat, which they braai for you after you pick out what you want, and a few sides - everything else you must bring yourself including plates, utensils and drinks (although beers and hard-ciders are available for cheap from local vendors). Reserve a table and go with a group on a weekend. Get there early as it is an all day event, and more of a social gathering than just a meal. Truly some of my favorite memories from Cape Town were had at Mzoli's. I hope to go back one day!

2  Thank rickdecesare
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This past weekend I went with friends to Mzoli's to celebrate one of my best friend's 22th Birthday Party. We really had fun. The meat was fantastic, the service was great and the people were all so friendly.
I must admit that I've always been afraid to go to Gugulethu, but we went as a group.
It is safe, no violence or crime took place. The entertainment, music and vibe were awesome.

I really want to go again, SOON.

Thumps up to Mzoli's!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had the best "braai" meat at Mzolis with friends! A great place to chill and take in the vibe. Have a look in the parking lot and you will see a host of luxury cars parked bumper to bumper! The food is great, you can enjoy some beer and relax with friends! Take your friends along. We only went during the day, but it was fun. This is not five star stuff - its in a township - so dont expect "fancy pancy" style. It is a great reflection of township vibe.