“pleasant restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
The Hague, The Netherlands
“pleasant restaurant”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The food at Cattle Baron is mainly grills as you would expect.The meat is excellent, but they have a tendency to overcook it, so if you normally like medium-rare order rare. The grills are accompanied by very good vegetables, The atmosphere is pleasant and the service excellent.

Bellingham, Washington
“Steak Steak Baby!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Lunch is a great time to eat here; the full menu is available as is a very nice (and inexpensive) lunch buffet. I chose a 300g sirloin and loved every bite. The restaurant is somewhat empty this time of day so it's great for a private business meal with customers, colleagues or friends. The decor inside is dark but there is a nice outdoor seating area with lots of fresh air. There is something for everyone on the menu and the service is excellent, I will be back.

Recommended ++++

• Visited May 2013
“The best chateaubriand I have ever tasted. Plattekloof location”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

It was diviiiine to be able to enjoy this great dinner at plattekloof. It was the best meat I've had being on Cape Town. I don't know why I haven't come here sooner thanks to capetown magazine. I have discovered an amazing place to have dinner. Everything was perfect. All sides came out splendid and I couldn't have asked for a better dinner on Mother's Day. Great wine with reasonable prices. Perfect window to look out to table mountain. Our waitron was not aroun too often but sometimes that is a good thing. Perfect evening. Stuffed mushrooms are good. But with all the sides that came with my meal I think I over ate. I will happily return.

London, United Kingdom
“Cattle Baron - Plattekloof”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This restaurant was so good, we went there 3 or 4 times in our short 2 week stay!
If you can get a table by the window, there is a spectacular sight of Table Mountain and at night time,Table Mountain and the city lights. Really stunning!
The steaks here are cooked to absolute perfection! Tender, juicy and full of flavour! These guys REALLY know how to grill! The inside is clean with crisp white tablecloths and napkins, shining cutlery and crystal clear wine glasses! The welcoming atmosphere is genuine. The sides of mashed butternut and creamed spinach is to die for! Nowhere comes close to how good this is! Love this place and will definitely recommend this a 5* steak house with both thumbs up! To the wonderful waiter, sorry that you had to put with us lot, thanks for your friendliness and patience and thanks for arranging all that extra garlic for me!!!! You probably know who I am now :) ! Well done Plattekloof Cattle Baron!

• Visited April 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good Food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Yes a restaurant is about the food, and here, there were no complaints, We got what we ordered and expected> the problem here was the staff who took it on themselves to do everything slowly from seating us to serving drinks and bringing out food> at one point I wanted to fetch the food myself!

• Visited February 2013