“Bursts of colour, great pastries”
Review of Lazari

Lazari
Ranked #288 of 1,202 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: City Bowl
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Great place for a coffee and some cake, colourful place in Vredehoek. Food are nice, too. Staff are ok. Lots of light, which is great, high windows and outside seating!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

If you are in need of a good cup of coffee, or a tasty dish, Lazari is the place for you! I spent many hours, and days, here working on a research paper. Not only is the food and coffee great, but they have FREE WIFI! My favorite drinks are the Cup of Chino and the Strawberry Daiquiri. The staff is extremely nice, and each of them have very unique and fun personalities. Every time I went, regardless of the hour, it was busy. If you love cupcakes, they have the most delicious chocolate expresso cupcake that is to die for! If you're in need of a nice, chill

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My son has been raving about Lazari's for quite some time so I looked forward to joining him for a brunch there recently. My wife, whom he had taken separately on a previous occasion, also came away favourably impressed. The place doesn't make any great impact when you walk in and has the feel, to some extent, of an old time tearoom. What did make an impact, however, was the excellent reception from the staff, their energy, listening skills (sometimes wanting!) and cheerful demeanour. Because the place had a feelgood vibe, I decided to be adventurous and ordered the bobotie omelette. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to get but it looked good ~ and tasted even better! Not being a coffee drinker, I went with the usual Coke. The price was reasonable, the food we were both served, excellent, and I will certainly make a point of returning when in that neighbourhood again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

The service is friendly and the food is amazing.

I love the breakfasts and sweet chilli Thai pita for lunch.

The desserts are special they have these Carmel squares which are very sweet and rich but delicious! Take one hoe for the family!

I love this restaurant to relax and chat to my friends. It s located under the mountain.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Lazari comes with a very good reputation as a cool hangout spot in the Gardens/Vredehoek area and it's easy to see why. The restaurant is very trendy, with helpful staff and appetizing treats greeting you upon arrival. We found the treats to be average, with the Red Velvet cupcakes being dry - do not order this item if you don't like coconut! The coffee, however, was very strong and tasty. Ultimately, Lazari is more focused on serving the locals rather than tourists and as such lacks the wow factor some nearby bistros and coffee joints offer in spades.