“Best lentil soup ever!”

Lola's
Ranked #58 of 1,147 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Lola's Cafe has been a long standing institution on Long Street, and it has returned under new management with a gorgeous makeover, new Chefs, and amazing food!Situated at the corner of Long and Buiten Streets in the heart of Cape Town, Lola's is an airy, vibey, beautiful, yet unpretentious venue offering a variety of gourmet meals prepared by inspired Chefs.
Manchester
“Best lentil soup ever!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wouldn't normally be my first choice, but the lentil soup and freshly baked focacia bread at Lola's was mouthwateringly delicious. Bought it as a takeaway for just R30, really generous serving and couldn't have had a nicer lunch.

• Visited August 2013

• Thai first
Dublin, Ireland
“I love Lola's”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Lola's is by far my favorite place to eat in Cape Town. It a very pleasant clean and relaxing space. The service at Lola's is natural and very helpful. The friendly staff even supplied my K9 with his own water bowl and bread.
The sweet deserts and much of the menu, like many great dishes, teeter on the edge of familiarity and distinctiveness, filling the spot.
The chef's rootsy cooking transcends national borders. The mouth watering risotto is my very best dish and the banana chocolate loaf is by far my best desert ever, it's a must try!!!! The cuisine is high-end comfort food and caters for vegetarians too. Go try it out...

• Visited August 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great food, great vibe”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The breakfasts are delicious and the fresh juices mouthwatering. The place is small but has agreat vibe about it. Service is friendly and although they are always busy, they go out the way to accommodate you. Needless to say over our 4 days in Cape Town we had breakfast here twice and we'll definitely be back.

Visited July 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Comforting but fun”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Such a cute cafe with wonderful, flavorful food! Highly recommend while u shop on Long st got the risotto and penne carbonara very comforting for winter day

• Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An oasis In my hour of need!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Saturday afternoon in Cape Town and we were quite hangry! No place open at all for a snack. We circled and circled and then found this place on Long street. I had a delicious banana cake with a peppermint tea. My friend had the cheesecake- both delicious. The waitress was exceptionally nice. She spent time giving us some recommendations on dinner places and music venues. Wi fi was free and we were able to sit, eat and relax. My hanger subsided and I was able to enjoy my gorgeous day in Cape Town. I highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013