“Good food with good ambiance and reasonable price”
Review of 95 Keerom

95 Keerom
Ranked #148 of 1,163 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Good food with good ambiance and reasonable price”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My friends and I were looking for a centrally located restaurant near our hotel (Mount Nelson Hotel) and this restaurant was recommended to us by the hotel staff.
The decor was very clean and pleasing. The service was attentive, friendly and not overbearing.
We ordered beef tartar, pasta dishes, fish, mussels and crayfish. They were delicious and the portions were just right. The bill came to about $25 per person included VAT, tip, water with no alcoholic beverages.
After a full day's site seeing, this is a place where we could relax, converse, had a respectable meal and unwind. What else could we expect?
It is only one block from the bustling central area, lots of actions within walking distance.
I give a five star for the value and quality of the food.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank travelat70

• Greek first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Non-inspiring food”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Our expectations were high after reading the reviews. We had fish carpaccio and a caprese salad as starters. The caprese salad was nice (with good mozzarella), but the fish carpaccio (swordfish) was very bland and dull. Very little taste and sliced ultra thin. You hardly had any fish on your plate. And the strange thing was, that the plate was warm... with a carpaccio! Very weird.

The mains were an utter disappointment. My husband had penne with pommodori. The penne was cooked very well, but the sauce was non-inspiring. As if a can was pulled open and some spaghetti sauce was added.
I had the seared tuna. The tuna itself was very good, but the sauce they had put on it had olives in it. And that completely overpowered the subtle taste of the tuna, which ruined the dish for me. When I made a remark about it, the waiter was not really interested. His "I will tell the chef" sounded less than convincing. I don't think the message ever reached the chef. Hopefully it will now.

• Visited April 2014
Pretoria, South Africa
“Must visit in Cape Town”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We went there for dinner on a Friday night and I was looking forward to the food since I've heard it is so good, and I was definitely not disappointed!! The waiter was very clued up with the menu and suggested very nice meals to go with the wine we took with. My meal (Ostrich fillet) was beautifully prepared and the sauce that came with it was just the cherry on top!! Definitely is in the top 3 best meals I've had in a restaurant. The restaurant was a bit loud, and we struggled to hear the waiters and each other at times, but except for that it was a great experience.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Morne v
Le Bois-Plage-en-Re, France
“Nice location, good food”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Very pleasant restaurant, nicely decorated serving a good food. Do not expect 3 stars Michelin, but good value for money with a large choice of wines at all prices.

Visited March 2014
“LOUD”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

After hearing amazing reviews of this restaurant from my dad, both of us being real foodies, i had to check it out. Getting a reservation was quite a task as it was fully booked for days. I managed to use my charms to get a late table. The food was average, the service was excellent but it was so loud! You could hardly hear each other speak. I don't like to judge restaurants after the first visit, i like to eat there twice at least before i can give it a final judgment. That being said, i would definitly eat at 95 Keerom again. Our first meal was average drinks were cold and service was good. the PRICE was peanuts! A bottle of Louis Roederer (Champagne) and a bottle of good wine at dinner, plus 3 starters, 2 main courses and a dessert cost us $160. I'll be back for sure!

• Visited March 2014