“An Amazing Experience”
Review of Pigalle Restaurant

Pigalle Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Well-known as the perfect venue for a stylish evening out, we offer guests live entertainment from our dance floor alongside superb dinner courses. Renowned for our fresh seafood and Chalmar steak, our menu comprises of classic dishes with a subtle Portuguese flair. Including a spacious cigar lounge and private dining room our venue is versatile as well as suitable for private functions.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This has to be one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. We had made reservations from the US based on a review I had seen. We happened to be walking on the street in Cape Town and saw the "front" of the restaurant and figured, "what a quaint place" from the outside appearance. Little did we know that when our cab dropped us off at the "back" of the restaurant that we were in for the experience of a lifetime. We were pleasantly and utterly shocked at the beauty and expansiveness of the interior. There were many tables, a beautiful bar and a live jazz band playing top hits and oldies. There was an expansive dance floor and servers just waiting to help. Our waitress' name was Precious and she lived up to her name. The manager, Warren, was right at our table to make sure the beginning of our dining experience was off to a good start. We ordered a 5-course meal and a bottle of wine and each course was better than the next. The garlic bread was to die for. Soft and full of garlic flavor. The escargot were large and buttery. I had the Springbok medallions and I have never had a piece of meat that tender.

During the dinner, we danced and ate and left so satisfied. And the meal was so inexpensive. I wish food and drinks in the US was this way as I would go here at least once a month if I lived in Cape Town. To top off the evening, Victor (possibly the owner or General Manager), came to our table and made sure we were satisfied and also made sure to greet us at the exit to thank us for coming. Next time we are in Cape Town we will be sure to visit and eat here again. Thank you for making our last dinner in Cape Town a place we will always remember.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've been to Pigalles a few times. The food was never out of this world. I only enjoyed the langoustines.

We booked and informed the person on the phone that we have a toddler, when we arrived this guy told us kids are not allowed. We told him that we had informed him when we booked. We did not enjoy our time as each we felt we were being watched and judged by every move our kid made.

On a different occasion the waiter added his own tip to our bill. Firstly, we had items which we did not order, and he "calculate" his tip based on the incorrect amount. He didnt change the bill on the system, i found that weird as no waiter has tipped him/herself before [but that was for us to ring the alarms...]

i love that there is a live band but thats as far as it goes...

1  Thank Nuwee
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We booker Pigalle on our last night in Cape Town and oh what an amazing last night. You absolutely feel like royalty here. our waitress Princess was attentive and a very lovely girl. The General Manager Warren was just as personable and attentive. It made for an amazing experience. The band was great and put us in the mood to dance on the dance floor. I would definitely come back here again when I am in South Africa. Was a GREAT experience.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This restaurant was absolutely amazing. The food was incredible and the service we received by our waitress Princess and General Manager Warren was the best. Great atmosphere and the band was great. If you want a great meal with great service and an amazing atmosphere, this is your place. I would definitely return again when I am in South Africa.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We booked to go to Pigalle on a trip to Cape Town based on tripadvisor reviews and had a lovely evening. We had the seafood platter which was lovely - as were the desserts we had. The staff were very attentive and helpful with the menu. I think the restaurant is decorated well but could potentially do with a bit of updating. I enjoyed the singing but had understood it was a jazz evening... At one point they were singing Abba - dancing queen. But nonetheless we had a very enjoyable evening and would recommend the restaurant for food and service.