Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$132
$83
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$254
$223
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$186
$157
  • Breakfast included
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$190
$145
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$101
$92
  • Pool
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$301
$235
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $272/night.

Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$208
$186
Agoda.com
The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$129
$113
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$255
$216
Priceline
Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$550
$488
Agoda.com
All reviewsguest housesea pointsweet orangethree roomsprivate bathroomcold meatsbreakfast tablebreakfasts were greatother gueststea and coffeewould stay here againsitting areahome away from homestayed nightshop on hop off bushonesty baryogurt
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hotel is really nice with comfortable gust houses across the street (with2-3 bedrooms, living room and kitchen) for families. Good and calm neighborhood and you can walk to restaurants at night. Great breakfast where you meet other guests and share tips on what to see in Cape Town. 5 minutes walk to the hop-on/hop-off buses to see CT.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed in in February 2011. The guest house consisted of maybe 4 bedrooms with private balconies/verandahs and our guestrooms was decorated in a beautiful and unique manner, with African masks and geckos on the walls and hide rugs on the floor; the bathroom was huge and fabulous with shellacked brickwork and a rainfall shower head. The property served a fabulous breakfast for an additional charge, there was a roof top hot tub (you need to tell them 24 hours in advance if you want to use the hot tub!) and an honour bar stocked with Cape Province wines (wonderful!) I was a bit put out coming back to our room early to find a kitchen staff member lounging on our patio, but we did not complain. Tours can be arranged from here - we took the wine tour and the Cape Peninsula tour and also went up Table Mountain - we had a very full two days! Sweet Oceans also owns several self contained guest houses which also looked very beautiful. Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman stayed at the same guesthouse we did while they were in South Africa filming Invictus. I figure if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me! We loved it, and have given my brother and his wife a weekend there as a present.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Great location, beautiful rooms, great service, nice staff, great breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse was a great find. It's small with only three rooms, but the decor is awesome and the rooms were comfortable. Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood stayed here while filming Invictus!

It doesn't really have a "sweet ocean view" though- it's two blocks from the beach and you can only see a sliver of the ocean from the upstairs lounge area (which is very nice). I didn't stay for breakfast but heard it was awesome.

I was really looking forward to the jacuzzi, but it was broken. Also, it's right when you walk in, on a small balcony outside the open kitchen. So anyone entering or exiting can see you.

One thing that bugged me was that I had booked a room for two, but then a friend decided to come along. They emailed me that it was no problem to "book me into the triple room" at R259 extra per night ($39) on top of R784 ($118) but when we got there, the room only had a double bed. They shoved another small bed into a corner after I complained. There aren't actually any triple rooms.

As mentioned in other reviews, there's no one working there to check you in or out- just kitchen staff and maids. No one answers the phone or the bell, and the outer gate is locked most of the time. So don't arrive at a random hour because you'll be locked out! I had to wait around every time I needed something- I waited a half hour to check out.

The shower was very beautiful but didn't quite work- it was the kind that squirts down, not outwards, and the pole the showerhead was attached to was too short. So you literally had to flatten yourself against the shower wall if you wanted to catch any water! The water temperature was very temperamental too- burning hot and then freezing cold.

Location- I chose Sea Point on purpose. The V&A waterfront is too full of obnoxious tourists and everything is overpriced. Sea Point and Camps Bay feel more like Miami's South Beach. It's best to rent a car. A taxi to Long Street downtown cost R62 ($9) and took about 8 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We booked a room in this guesthouse through expedia.com and after the reservation we decided to go deluxe and paid an extra amount on top of the regular room fee, we got to the hotel and got a small room with a tiny bathroom (no soap, shampoo, etc). We are trying to call expedia to clarify but the internet is very slow (and you have to PAY extra for it).

Room Tip: Do not book the Deluxe room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business