Southern Sun The Cullinan(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$254
$225
  • Pool
Cape Heritage Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$132
$83
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$186
$157
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$190
$145
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$252
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$101
$92
  • Pool
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$300
$235
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

Blackheath Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$208
$186
Agoda.com
The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$129
$113
Priceline
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

Cape Grace(Cape Town Central)
$550
$488
Agoda.com
All reviewsguest housesea pointsweet orangethree roomsprivate bathroomcold meatsbreakfast tablebreakfasts were greatother gueststea and coffeewould stay here againsitting areahome away from homestayed nightshop on hop off bushonesty baryogurt
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed in in February 2011. The guest house consisted of maybe 4 bedrooms with private balconies/verandahs and our guestrooms was decorated in a beautiful and unique manner, with African masks and geckos on the walls and hide rugs on the floor; the bathroom was huge and fabulous with shellacked brickwork and a rainfall shower head. The property served a fabulous breakfast for an additional charge, there was a roof top hot tub (you need to tell them 24 hours in advance if you want to use the hot tub!) and an honour bar stocked with Cape Province wines (wonderful!) I was a bit put out coming back to our room early to find a kitchen staff member lounging on our patio, but we did not complain. Tours can be arranged from here - we took the wine tour and the Cape Peninsula tour and also went up Table Mountain - we had a very full two days! Sweet Oceans also owns several self contained guest houses which also looked very beautiful. Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman stayed at the same guesthouse we did while they were in South Africa filming Invictus. I figure if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me! We loved it, and have given my brother and his wife a weekend there as a present.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Great location, beautiful rooms, great service, nice staff, great breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2011

Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse was a great find. It's small with only three rooms, but the decor is awesome and the rooms were comfortable. Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood stayed here while filming Invictus!

It doesn't really have a "sweet ocean view" though- it's two blocks from the beach and you can only see a sliver of the ocean from the upstairs lounge area (which is very nice). I didn't stay for breakfast but heard it was awesome.

I was really looking forward to the jacuzzi, but it was broken. Also, it's right when you walk in, on a small balcony outside the open kitchen. So anyone entering or exiting can see you.

One thing that bugged me was that I had booked a room for two, but then a friend decided to come along. They emailed me that it was no problem to "book me into the triple room" at R259 extra per night ($39) on top of R784 ($118) but when we got there, the room only had a double bed. They shoved another small bed into a corner after I complained. There aren't actually any triple rooms.

As mentioned in other reviews, there's no one working there to check you in or out- just kitchen staff and maids. No one answers the phone or the bell, and the outer gate is locked most of the time. So don't arrive at a random hour because you'll be locked out! I had to wait around every time I needed something- I waited a half hour to check out.

The shower was very beautiful but didn't quite work- it was the kind that squirts down, not outwards, and the pole the showerhead was attached to was too short. So you literally had to flatten yourself against the shower wall if you wanted to catch any water! The water temperature was very temperamental too- burning hot and then freezing cold.

Location- I chose Sea Point on purpose. The V&A waterfront is too full of obnoxious tourists and everything is overpriced. Sea Point and Camps Bay feel more like Miami's South Beach. It's best to rent a car. A taxi to Long Street downtown cost R62 ($9) and took about 8 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We booked a room in this guesthouse through expedia.com and after the reservation we decided to go deluxe and paid an extra amount on top of the regular room fee, we got to the hotel and got a small room with a tiny bathroom (no soap, shampoo, etc). We are trying to call expedia to clarify but the internet is very slow (and you have to PAY extra for it).

Room Tip: Do not book the Deluxe room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank clandestino800
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Buyer beware. They own a series of guesthouses and you could get booked into any of them. Unfortunately our experience was so poor, that I had to write this review. I feel like the advertising is misleading on their website and the other reviews on TripAdvisor must be outdated.

We had reserved "Sweet Ocean View" Gueshouse online and I was excited to stay in SeaPoint and spend a relaxing night/day by the water. But upon our arrival, we were taken to "Sweet Lemon" Guesthouse... and what a lemon it was.

1. Location: Both guesthouses are in SeaPoint, so it is just right outside of Cape Town. I had been to CapeTown before, so wanted to give this a try and stay by the water, but it is NOT right on the water-- not even a block off the water like it looks on the map-- so don't think that you're getting an oceanfront view. Our "view" was out a small window looked into a side street.

2. Transportation: If you have a car, it's no problem to stay in SeaPoint. If you don't, taxi will cost you about R260-270, which is an additional R40 (about USD$6) compared to downtown. The guesthouse can book you a shuttle, but their arrangement costs more than an airport taxi. Don't let them tell you the hop-on bus comes by there-- it kind of does, but it's on a strict schedule-- going ONE DIRECTION for 1.5 hours-- and not that frequent when you're on a schedule to see the town.

3. Arrival: We arrived late into Capetown and had noted it in our booking form to let the guesthouse know. When our taxi arrived at the front gate, we were locked out. There was no way to get in. No buzzer. No-one to answer. Only a South African phone number to call. Luckily a) another guest who happened to be smoking outside let us in to the entryway and b) we had rented a S.African phone at the airport. Otherwise, we'd be stuck outside all night. I wonder if this is the 'warm welcome' they advertise on their website. A kid in a broken & suspensionless (company) truck finally pulled up and put our luggage in the truck bed (I worried about my camera equipment flying out but there was no other way, as my brother and I squeezed into 1 seat, sitting on top of the stick shift), as we were taken to "Sweet Lemon" Guesthouse down the street. To put icing on the arrival, when he finally gave us the key, he actually waited around for a TIP! I normally tip folks who help, but this was ridiculous.

4. The room was a converted attic. Don't get me wrong, the furnishings were cute & "rustic", which I usually adore. I tried to take it as that. However, I just couldn't look past the basics. The cute furnishings seemed to be more of a cover-up. The conversion construction job on this attic was pretty shoddy. Baseboards don't even line up. There was no heat-- just 2 (3') heater panels that didn't do anything on a cold night. The toilet & shower are separated from the room by a curtain rod, which means no sound proofing or privacy. Shampoo was non-existent and soap could've been diluted water. The TV had 2 stations and 1 volume: LOUD. We suspect that they split the tv/cable box into all the different rooms, so there's only 1 main control. My brother's bed was set under a counter ledge (it was an odd design), so he had no backboard or wall-- he said his pillow kept falling off during the night. All drinks and amenities in the room cost the same as a 5-star hotel. Oh yes, and the towels had stains on it.

In the morning, breakfast cost an additional R49 I think, which is reasonable, but we just wanted to get out. The only person to "check us out" was the hired cook in the kitchen. We called for our own taxi (on our own mobile phone) and got out of there as quickly as we could.

I'm sure our experience could've been better, had we expected a backpackers joint and paid the backpackers price, but as we thought we were booking a nicer place (and paid a nicer price) to relax in-between our safaris. It's also how they advertise on their website. It is with that in mind that I write this review. Don't believe the hype on this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends