“Delicious!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anatoli Turkish Restaurant

Anatoli Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #90 of 1,135 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Experience the best cuisine that Turkey has to offer at Anatoli. Be greeted warmly by attentive staff and seated in an intriguing Victorian warehouse, built in 1904. Anatoli has been serving the best Turkish food in Cape Town since 1984 and this wealth of experience and success is well reflected in the offerings on the extensive and well-planned menu. Freshly baked flat breads accompany traditional meze, presented in equally traditional oversized trays. The knowledgeable waiters will enthusiastically take diners through all of the meze available. There is something to suit every palate at Anatoli due to the variety that characterises Turkish cuisine. Experience a memorable culinary journey through Turkey care of Anatoli at Green Point.
Cape Town
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Wonderful assortment of tapas and all fresh and delicious. Haven't tried a main meal there yet as too full. Ambience eclectic but nice, only open after 7pm.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
Cornwall
“True Turkish Delight! :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

We loved this authentic, busy Turkish restaurant. My husband was able to have a longed-for raki and I loved my Turkish Delight cocktail - delicious. The food is traditional Turkish, as is the lovely décor. Our meze starters and garlic breads were perfect and very filling, although we managed to finish our mixed kebap too! The wine menu was extensive, too and we liked going over to the kitchen to view the specials and chat with the chef. This restaurant was warm and comfortable, with a friendly Turkish welcome from the very pleasant staff. We will definitely be back. Afiyet olsun!

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Best Turkish food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

You may not think of eating Turkish food in Cape Town, but do. Anatoli is amazing. The food is wonderful (the mezze alone will fill you up) and there's a great list of South African wines. I wish we'd had time to go back a second time to sample other items on the menu.

• Visited January 2014
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food and venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

An amazing authentic Turkish restaurant in the heart of Cape Town. The venue is beautiful and atmospheric with high ceilings and great decor. The food is magnificent and the service has real attention to detail. We mixed traditional Turkish starters and mains with great stellenbosch wines, and loved choosing dishes from the kitchen.

Visited July 2013
Muscat, Oman
“With love from Oman”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have just written a review about a Turkish restaurant that I have visited this past weekend in my new city of residence, Muscat, capital of the Sultanate of Oman.
Writing the review reminded me of my favourite restaurant in CT, Anatoli.

Anatoli is not just a restaurant, if you become a regular like most of us who appreciate the art of Turkish cuisine, Anatoli and its staff will become a good friend.

Take some time to look at the decor, all the pieces are authentic with some dating back to Ottoman times. This is not a themed restaurant with bits and pieces thrown together, Anatoli is a little piece of Turkey in the heart of CT, and as with the food, the art etc is hand selected by the owner Tayfun.

Dining at Anatoli can not be rushed, you need time for this grand affair. Start the evening with a couple of meze and a (couple of) glas(ses) of raki. Then on to the main, from tender lamb in yoghurt to beautiful vegetarian dishes like Guvec, and then dessert and a real Turkish coffee.

I had my last breakfast in South Africa in 2012 at Anatoli Express (go hungry, very hungry, because the breakfasts and pastries are amazingly good, and portions are not small) and can't wait to have my first meal there when I visit SA later in the year. I have already thought about what to eat but I have no favourite dish at Anatoli as all the meals, from meze to mains, are delicious in their own individual way.

Today I really wish I was in Cape Town just so that I could have a meal!

• Visited November 2013