“Authentic Turkish food and atmosphere in the heart of Cape Town”

Anatoli Turkish Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 1,163 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Experience the best cuisine that Turkey has to offer at Anatoli. Be greeted warmly by attentive staff and seated in an intriguing Victorian warehouse, built in 1904. Anatoli has been serving the best Turkish food in Cape Town since 1984 and this wealth of experience and success is well reflected in the offerings on the extensive and well-planned menu. Freshly baked flat breads accompany traditional meze, presented in equally traditional oversized trays. The knowledgeable waiters will enthusiastically take diners through all of the meze available. There is something to suit every palate at Anatoli due to the variety that characterises Turkish cuisine. Experience a memorable culinary journey through Turkey care of Anatoli at Green Point.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Authentic Turkish food and atmosphere in the heart of Cape Town”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have been many times to Anatoli and simply LOVE it! I lived for many years in the Middle East and Turkey was always a favorite holiday destination. Now I am delighted to have a piece of Turkey on my doorstep right here in Cape Town.
When you step through those big doors into the restaurant with its high ceilings which is so beautifully and authentically decorated, one really feel like you are somewhere in a chic restaurant in Istanbul.
We liked the fact that our waiter was actually from Turkey. He was extremely helpful and patiently explained each of the numerous dishes on the huge mezze tray he brought to the table and from which we could pick. There must have been more that 20 starters on there to pick from. As we were 5 people we each picked two and decided to share. Freshly baked flat bread was brought to the table and we had a wonderful feast. We ended up ordering more of those delicious starters, so we did not get to order any mail courses. (I normally would have the lamb stew, or the brinjal bake which are both fantastic).
We ended our meal with strong Turkish coffee and what is arguably the best baklava in town.
For 3 of the group it was their first time to Anatoli. They all LOVED it, and it delighted me that I could bring them here (it is always so awkward if you suggest an eatery and your friends don't like it!).
The combination of amazing atmosphere and food is what makes for a good restaurant. Oh and of course good service. Congratulations to the owner who manages to get it just right!!!What I liked about our waiter was that he was always there when we looked for him. On the background but attentive if you need him. (my pet hate other than inattentive waiters are waiters who are overly all over you!)
We all took a vow to return there soon!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gavin T

• Turkish first
Cape Town, South Africa
“Trip down memory lane”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great atmosphere and delicious food - dips were divine and pure as well as delightful pastries. I went there in the 80s/90s - little has changed and that is comforting - the staff were so helpful and friendly.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mariette L
“Good tapas”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The tapas are really good. The waiting staff are friendly. We enjoyed a varied selection of mezzes but never got to taste the mains because we were full.

1 Thank Taniaoo
Nottingham, New Hampshire, United States
“great meal”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

fresh, great variety, fine service. We shared one delicious dish after another. I can't name them, but it doesn't matter. The waiter will guide you for a delightful evening.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Steve C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good tapas”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The garlic bread is awesome and the dips on there mezze tray are good. They unfortunately do not have many warm mezzes and the cold ones are really only dips. I like to go there to aback on the dips and bread. A very nice place for a snack. Service is always good and I really like Anatolis, and wish they would vary the mezzes.

1 Thank Jackieocarter