“a firm favourite”

Ranked #21 of 1,155 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: African, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy creative contemporary cooking in a visually exciting venue. With its historic Table Mountain stone and old brick that dates back to the 18th century, architect Leon Saven's design is complemented by glass, concrete and exposed ducting. Cabbage motif chandeliers and salt dishes, fine table appointments and impeccable service reflect outstanding attention to detail. The menu alters daily, using the freshest local produce and combines unusual flavours to excite the palate of the discerning diner. A boutique wine list which is very reasonably priced.
London
“a firm favourite”
Reviewed January 16, 2009

I ate in the Savoy Cabbage the first time I visited Cape Town and left with very happy memories. I visited it the second time I went to CT and so on...

On my most recent trip with a Cape Town I had to go back and it didn't disappoint. In fact my partner was so taken by the place that they insisted we dine there on our final night.

It has established it's place in my mind as one of my favourite CT restaurants. Great food, great service, just great.. a CT essential.

1 Thank Jonnyp42

England
“One of those places you must go and eat”
Reviewed January 12, 2009

This place had come highly recommended to us. Get directions to it If you don't know Cape Town that well.
Fabulous place located in a couple of old warehouses knocked into one with nearly all the original features still visible, and an open kitchen so that you can see the Chefs preparing your food.
Great waitress who knew the menu and the wines inside out. The menu can change daily as they always use fresh ingredients.
The food is to die for, we ate Chalmar beef tartare, spiced roasted nuts and goats' Feta salad, veal sweetbreads, fennel dusted loin of Warthog, spiced Kudu rump with spatzle, honey and spice roasted peaches, chocolate Marquise and nectarine Tart Tatin. Every mouthful of every dish was faultless.

You now need to do two things
1) Book early if you want dinner
2) Put this restaurant on your list of places to eat before you die

2 Thank Andy M
Minnesota
“there are many better options”
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Don't waste time having a dinner here... it's not the most interesting food, the staff wasn't too friendly, and it was too expensive for what it was... There are MANY other great places to have dinner before going here.

1 Thank KCLMinnesota
uk
“great food and staff”
Reviewed December 1, 2008

I booked over the net before arriving in SA. I rang to confirm ( as requested) the day of our booking. The taxi driver was not aware of the location so a quick phone call to the restaurant clarified the location.
We were met by friendly staff and quickly seated. A nice setting-great lights , rustic surroundings.The waitress was the most helpful we experienced in Capetown.

The food was wonderful,-knowledgeable waitress help/advised us choose a nice meat and fish dish., great wine and taxi ordered when we wished to leave.
The best meal of our trip!

1 Thank julieei
London, United Kingdom
“Everything Superb”
Reviewed October 29, 2008

Everything about our experience was wonderful. Our waitress was wonderful, as was the wine waiter. Our food was top class and the wine equally so. I can´t recommend this place highly enough.