“Savoy Cabbage...delicious taste experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Savoy Cabbage

Savoy Cabbage
Ranked #21 of 1,136 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: African, European, International, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy creative contemporary cooking in a visually exciting venue. With its historic Table Mountain stone and old brick that dates back to the 18th century, architect Leon Saven's design is complemented by glass, concrete and exposed ducting. Cabbage motif chandeliers and salt dishes, fine table appointments and impeccable service reflect outstanding attention to detail. The menu alters daily, using the freshest local produce and combines unusual flavours to excite the palate of the discerning diner. A boutique wine list which is very reasonably priced.
London, United Kingdom
“Savoy Cabbage...delicious taste experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

In a sophisticated and creative environment, we had a most delicious meal you could imagine, with flavours creatively combined in dishes to present an incredible eating experience. I'd highly recommend the sugar cured Kudu, (presented with delicately flavoured soba noodles and pineapple salsa!) to start with...and for a main the warthog was absolutely delicious!! The service was smooth, friendly and professional...the wines were excellent ....it was certainly the highlight of eating experiences! Thank you!

1 Thank Helen W

Cape Town
“Random choice, such a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were walking on Bree Street looking for a place and somebody pointed us to Savoy Cabbage. Wow, we were in for such a treat! Such a unique place with beautiful and unique decor, unique dishes, and good service. It's not often you get the chance to eat game meat, so I jumped at the chance to have warthog and wasn't disappointed. My dessert was delicious as well.
Savoy isn't cheap, but worth the cost. Fantastic experience.

2 Thank rcprince
Arlington, Virginia
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

Savoy Cabbage was recommended to us by our wine tour guide during our stay in Cape Town. My husband and I enjoyed a great meal (smoked salmon, fresh fish, and we both tried kudu for the very first time...yum!). The desserts were also delicious and are not to be skipped! Our three course meal would have been triple the cost in Washington D.C. Great value, great food, great service!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Meagan D
Solihull
“Wish i could give 4.5 stars - Delicious food, some really original tastes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

It was fairly quiet the night we dined at the Savoy Cabbage which is perhaps the only reason I haven't rated it 5-star. Some seriously good cooking and some very quirky and different dishes - I had warthog which was delicious, beautifully cooked and present. Mind you I also had a baked radiccio stuffed with gorgonzola for starter, which was "interesting" and "surprising"!

The waiter and staff were excellent, very knowledgeable about the menu and they made good recommendations for wine.

We were all happy. It was a "posh" meal, but we liked that it involved many ingredients that made the cuisine specific to Africa. In the UK I would expect to pay at least double for this standard of food.

Visited July 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Really nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went to Savoy Cabbage for a birthday dinner. The service we received was excellent and the menu choices were great... things we had never eaten before like Zebra.

The food we received was nice. I say nice only because it wasn't amazing. That is what I would expect from a restaurant of this stature. I also feel that the meals were too salty. All four of the people at our table woke up in the middle of the night and were so thirsty. I know I finished almost 1.5L of water at about 2 in the morning.

Please don't take this review as though we didn't enjoy the food. We all just expected a bit more.

The atmosphere was great and the service could not be faulted.

The kitchen did do something special for my wife for her birthday even though we had not asked or even mentioned it in the booking. They had seen the gifts being brought in, inquired who's birthday it was an took it upon themselves to so something spacial. We really appreciated that.

• 3 of 5 bubbles