“Loved the '3 little pigs'”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Savoy Cabbage

Savoy Cabbage
Ranked #23 of 1,144 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: African, European, International, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy creative contemporary cooking in a visually exciting venue. With its historic Table Mountain stone and old brick that dates back to the 18th century, architect Leon Saven's design is complemented by glass, concrete and exposed ducting. Cabbage motif chandeliers and salt dishes, fine table appointments and impeccable service reflect outstanding attention to detail. The menu alters daily, using the freshest local produce and combines unusual flavours to excite the palate of the discerning diner. A boutique wine list which is very reasonably priced.
glebe sydney
“Loved the '3 little pigs'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

a pork dish with 3 different ways of cooking pork. service friendly. Close to our accomodation Rouge on Rose. Wine was good and staff helpfull with our australian taste! modern but historical, inovative design. definately recommend

Visited August 2012

“Consistently excellent - make sure to go there!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I always try to visit the Savoy Cabbage when I'm in Cape Town. On this occasion I was dining solo. I detected a slight initial concern from the lady who runs front of house that I shouldn't occupy one of the best tables, but this was swiftly brushed aside and, as it turns out, my table was in the main dining area in the multi-level post-industrial dining room - lots of old exposed brick and air conditioning conduits. One of the great advantages of this restaurant for the solo diner is that it is sufficiently lively to keep you engaged throughout your meal.

As ever, the food was superb. In particular, my main course of veal sweetbreads was succulent and tender - and large enough to make you think they'd come from an elephant! I had the duo of vanilla and berry panacotta for pudding and the chef did him/herself proud with this; a delicate balance of flavours with a perfectly judged texture - superb! They also had a good selection of wines by the glass, so the solo diner was not disadvantaged at all.

I've been coming to this restaurant for about the last 10 years and throughout that time it has delivered an outstanding meal on every visit. I strongly recommend it and I shall undoubtedly return next time I'm in town.

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Delicious vegan and vegetarian dishes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

It is hard to find tasty vegan and vegetarian dishes, but the Savoy Cabbage managed to have several items from which we could choose. The food was tasty, the service was excellent and the settiing was pleasant. We highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Hertfordshire
“GOOD RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a really good meal here, not the cheapest in Capetown but definatly one of the best. I had Warthog and it was a really nice dish, my partner had Kudo and again really good. The presentation was excellent as was the staff. we even got served a mous bouche which was a nice touch. Would highly recommend it.

Visited October 2012
London, UK
“Poor experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were really looking forward to eating at the Savoy Cabbage after friend's recommendations & reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. However, poor communication & service from the Manager really let it down.

The food was excellent, however we were still waiting for our main course after 90 minutes. When we requested information from our waitress she explained that one of the ovens had broken down, hence the kitchen was in chaos. Now I appreciate that these things do happen & it's unfortunate, however we were promised '2 minutes' several times. When it eventually arrived it was delicious, however - despite the manager being in full view of us throughout the night overseeing the kitchen - he never once had the balls to come over and apologise for the delay or provide an explanation. We made our waitress aware we were unhappy & she was very embarrassed as she knew it was poor, but all it would have taken is an apology from the manager who knew we were upset.

Anyhow, like I say - great food & setting - shame our experience was overshadowed by this.

• Visited November 2012