“A genuine & hearty secret-spot”
Review of Mango Ginger

Mango Ginger
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Mango Ginger's focus is on creating healthy, nutritious and fabulously flavoured foods. We use only organic flour, pure fats and organic fresh produce where possible to create decadent, delicious treats. We are open from 07:30 to 17:00 on weekdays, and 08:00 to 15:00 on Saturdays.
Reviewed July 19, 2018

I've been going to MnG (as my friends and I affectionately call it) for over 5 years now, and it holds a very special place in our hearts.
Simple and unassuming, it is filled to the brim with hearty, lovingly-made food that caters for a variety of food needs (vegan, vegetarian, gluten free etc), while also appeasing the sweet tooth! There are no pretences - the food is made for the love of food, and healthy goodness (depending on your choices of course!). And you'll be supporting a small, local business run by a strong, and pretty inspirational, woman.

Highly recommended: the bacon salad with their homemade mustard, honey and olive oil dressing (I'm craving it as I write this)

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank KathleenO1159
FionaObservatory, Owner at Mango Ginger, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Thank you so much, Kathleen. Such kind words.

Reviewed April 17, 2018

We stumbled onto Mango Ginger quite by accident but what a happy find. We fell in love with the menu first and then decided we liked the setting. It seems to be quite popular with locals - we arrived just after 11:30 and by 12:00 the place was filling up.

We ordered freshly made juices, one beetroot based and one apple, mint and ginger. Refreshing and delicious.

After much deliberation we chose the gluten free carrot cake as our spoil for the day and loved each bite.

With so much on offer we will be back again and again to sample at least 10 dishes that caught our eye.

Definitely worth the visit.

oh - And the coffee smelt divine - thats on our must try list as well.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

I’ve lived in Obs 15 years and Mango Ginger is my favourite breakfast and lunch spot.

The wraps are heavenly and in winter the homemade soups are hearty and wholesome. Their bakery offers delicious cakes, pastries and breads.

It’s a great spot for a healthy, delicious meal. They cater for all food preferences to: gluten free, sugar free, low carb, vegan. The staff are really friendly too!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Simply delicious. The owner was super friendly and nice too. Will definitely be back. I recommend the wheat free vegetarian quiche with side salad.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Mango Ginger is incredible!

We are creatures of habit when we find somewhere good. We've been to Mango Ginger four times in the five days we've been here.

It offers great tasting food, and wonderful options for those with food allergies or intolerances. I am gluten and dairy free, and I've eaten very well each time we've been here.

Thanks to the beautiful ladies who took care of us. Wonderful service!

Date of visit: September 2017