“Good seafood, but don't stop at only the seafood”
Review of Baia

Baia
Ranked #41 of 1,223 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We dinned here at the recommendation of the travel agency that booked our visit to Victoria Falls. The restaurant tried to talk us out of dinning the particular night because they had a large tour group coming, but we didn't have the flexibility. Thus, we suffered from poor service -- at least three different waiters ended up serving us at different times, including the man in charge when our dessert was delayed nearly 20 minutes. The seafood was good, although I made a mistake on prawns forgetting that here prawns come with head on and unpeeled. Generally, all of the seafood was very good, if not memorable. To our surprise, what was memorable was the best asparagus soup we have ever tasted. We would have liked to sample the cuisine on a less busy night.

1  Thank Reamor
Write a ReviewReviews (2,566)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Ate here on our guide's recommendation and it was worth it. The food was outstanding, wine good and the location on the first floor of the waterfont excellent. A little expensive especially the speciality dishes but the prawns, fish, mussels all great.

1  Thank KanwarTavy
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I will start by saying I am not a great seafood fan but this was my second visit to this restaurant on my second visit to Cape Town - it has more to offer than just fish. That said I had a wonderful scallop starter followed by an amazing whole chicken dish. My colleagues all had fish starters and mains, The waiters are great but especially our lovely waiter pictured with a fresh (live) lobster which he introduced to us fresh from Mozambique!! I was worried he would jump at me ;) A great selection of wines and champagne.
The restauarant has a lovely ambience and what better than to finish the evening off than with a lovely stroll around the harbour.
I will certainly return each time I visit Cape Town..a 'must' restaurant for your trip!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great views, great seafood and excellent service. Would recommend you pay this restaurant a visit whilst in Cape Town. If you like seafood you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Ian D
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We hadn't planned on eating at this restaurant as our travel agency booked it for us as a complimentary meal but we're glad that we did as it was lovely. The restaurant is very big and beautiful and the service was excellent. As it was our honeymoon we also found candles and rose petals at our table which was a lovely touch. At the end of the meal the waiters also brought a plate with 2 biscuits and Happy Honeymoon written in chocolate which was awesome! Our only disappointment was not being able to choose from the whole menu as our travel agent had provided it as complimentary but we'd definitely go back and try again!