“True to Sea Point's Heritage, Cuisine Style”

Kleinsky's Delicatessen
Ranked #111 of 1,376 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Description: Blending traditional Jewish recipes with the best local ingredients to bring a slice of New York to Cape Town
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Kleinsky's is a must-visit spot in the Sea Point area. If you are looking to experience true 'Sea Point' cuisine, this is where you'll find it.

I had the Smoked Salmon bagel with cream cheese and capers along with a red cappuccino. The café art would make you think they knew I was paying a visit.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (165)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A New Yorker, i was searching for a bagel four years ago when I came across Kleinsky’s. Young entrepreneur JOEL had just set up his business. I felt sure he’d succeed. And he has. Kleinskys has now moved to larger premises across the road. The bagels come close to the ‘chew’ of a
New York one (I’m told the secret is the water) but the salmon potato latkes I enjoyed yesterday were SENSATIONAL! Give Joel your
Custom; you won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

As Montrealers we’re obsessive about delis and bagels - Kleinskys definitely passed our test. The bagels were extremely fresh and though completely different to ours - were really good. The mustard is amazing!!!! Find excuses to eat it. We came here many times over the course of our Cape Town holiday and were always warmly greeted. It’s a great space in a beautiful area of Cape Town.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 27, 2019

I just had the Rueben, my all time favourite and it was so delicious I ate more than I needed. Everything the serve is yummy

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 17, 2019

We only found out about this restaurant/deli on the last day of our holiday as we were in Sea Point at lunchtime.

Every time we had passed it in the evening it was shut so we hadn't noticed it.

Simply cannot understand why this is not open in the evenings, they would do a roaring trade.

Date of visit: December 2019